X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also "monies."

Ugh
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

When people talk the way they type messenger.

"Brb" "TTYL" and yes, I have even heard someone slip and say "LOL" rather than actually laughing.
      "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

I understand why some women have lame handshakes, they want to protect their hands. I suppose the same explanation can be extended to people who do delicate work with their hands.
        That may well be indeed but I find it hard to fathom if a person can make the effort elsewhere in hand usage why they cant simply flex some muscular tone even unto the pressure used to grip a doorknob to turn would be nice

Peace

Grandpa Troll

P S

WE all know HIS Pet Peave..only being "asked-2-come-to-dinner" once a year!!
        Attached Files
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

They call them MILF's in the US. In Britain we call them "yummy mummies". Now that is probably a pet peeve you've not heard before.

Comment

People who say 'agreeance' instead of agreement.

There's a perfectly good word existing already that covers what they mean to say why don't they just use it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Similarly with 'irregardless'....what the fricking fracking judas on a scooter do they think 'regardless' means anyhow?

People who mispronounce 'lingerie'. People who use French and mispronounce it. If you don't know how to say it, don't use it.

People who don't put recyclables in the recycling bin and put fruit rinds and skins in with the paper so flies and possums have a great time at night and wake me up and I want to sting them to death with irukandki jelly fish venom!!!!!!!

Sorry, it's just been very hot the past few days, and some alien pollen is making my eyes itch, and I can't sleep and the screen doors broken and lazy neighbours are bad neighbours and will burn in several buddhist hells before being reincarnated as traffic wardens in Barnsley, or taxi drivers in Tokyo.

Car drivers who 'fail' to see that you are on a pedestrian crossing andthe lights are against them but it's 18:30 and they're in a hurry to get home and watch some crappy soap, or they're text messaging on a god damned 'phone while driving.... I'd fit a big spike to the central part of each steering wheel, which I'm pretty sure would act as an efficient device for ensuring safer driving. Or fewer bad drivers.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by orange
              When people talk the way they type messenger.

"Brb" "TTYL" and yes, I have even heard someone slip and say "LOL" rather than actually laughing.
              We are now enemies.

Comment

My peeves relate quite highly to my past:

People that think they know how to run other people's lives.
                Extends to Parent-Child relationships as I see children as being people with lives that can be ruined.

People with Catch-22s in an ignorant belief system annoy me slightly; I'm annoyed a little more when they form a clique or start a trend,
                I'm very highly annoyed when said group turns on me,
                And I'm downright furious that said people are more common than open-minded people.

I guess I'm a bit peeved at myself for my inaccuracies, inabilities and deficiencies, but as Nietzsche said: "If you have ever learnt anything, it is because you have been hard on yourself."

I'm frustrated at people who don't understand that their belief systems and perceptions are not absolute, and that what works for them doesn't nescesarily work for me.

Well, I'd try to assist some people into becoming less aggravating, but unless it is of their own volition then I'd hate myself as one of my peeves, and since people are going to continue being jerks...

Wise sigly quote approaching
                Sometimes you have to violate your notions of wrong, and offend or destroy yourself, so that you may do what is right and please or save others.

BTW if anyone has a peeve against self-effacing people, you'll hate me something chronically.

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
                  People who use French and mispronounce it. If you don't know how to say it, don't use it.

It reminds me of the OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE COMMERCIAL over here on the Television..where the boys from Aussieland (or England,Scotland or Ireland, cant tell them Blokes apart you know?) talk and say Oui Oui Oui

and IIRC (Im not in public so i can use abbreviations, correct?) that means YES YES YES in Francois...

Not sure..how did you put it earlier..FRICKIN FRACKIN?? It means in Aussie/English/Scottish or Irish

I am just trying to learn Demographics and Geography all @ once!

Peace

Grandpa Troll
                  Attached Files
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
                    Similarly with 'irregardless'....what the fricking fracking judas on a scooter do they think 'regardless' means anyhow?
                    Mine also!
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Make no mistake about it.
                      What?

Comment

People who end a question with "or?"

As in "do you want to go to the cinema, or...?"

Finish your own sentences, morons.

Comment

I love this place - it's a temple of tolerance!
                          -30-

Comment

Bullsh!tters who try to impress (but not people who lie for a reason)

Comment

Working...
                            X