Curt Schilling to Bosox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    the D'Backs would probably rather have a closer and 2 prospects than a 2B they may want to turn into a CF (since they have Spivey at 2B).
    Oh, please! Soriano is an All-Star. Lyon has 9 saves and a career ERA of 4.99. There aren't two prospects in all of baseball good enough to make up that difference, let alone in the Red Sox system.
    "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by bfg9000
      Quite possible. He pouted his way out of Philly and now he is pouting his way out of AZ.

You Boston fans beware: Schill is making the agreement to be traded to Boston contingent upon Terry Francona getting the manager job in Boston. Francona and Schill were in Philly together. Schill loved Francona because he could tell Francona when he was coming out of a game and Francona was afraid to argue. Schill would then try to pitch a complete game every time out and wound up being useless by September. Of course, it's not like the Phils were in any pennant races under Francona anyway. Francona had very little respect from the players and the Phils had last place finishes almost every year he was there.
      Congrats on not knowing a damn thing about what you're talking about. Schill isn't trying to leave Phoenix, the D-Backs are trying to get rid of him to get more offense and free up cap room. The issue with the trade is the no-trade clause in Schilling's contract, so he has to agree with any trade made... so it's basically the opposite of what you said that's really going on. Get a clue.
      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Soriano is an All-Star. Lyon has 9 saves and a career ERA of 4.99. There aren't two prospects in all of baseball good enough to make up that difference, let alone in the Red Sox system.

Soriano sucks. I wouldn't want him on my team. He has no patience. He strikes out a ton, doesn't walk, is bad defensively, and you could him slump for a great portion of last year. He was horrid for a 3 month period. I wouldn't touch Soriano, let the Yankees deal with his (soon) decline.

Lyon has good stuff and can be a closer. The rumored prospects looked good as well.

And Sexson is cheaper AND better than Soriano.
        Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; November 27, 2003, 14:20.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
        X