Curt Schilling to Bosox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curt Schilling to Bosox?

That's the current buzz anyway. He has announced a tentative trade deal that would send him to the Boston Red Sox. Looks like the Bosox are tired of being the perennial bridesmaid

I read "Curt Schilling to Botox". Mebbe he's tired of his old age wrinkles? Wants poutier lips?
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Yeah but for who Berz? I dont want us to give up Manny or any other offensive player.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Well Gee, LoA, maybe Arizona will rent him out for a season. The Sox have plenty of offense but imagine how they'll be with Pedro, Schilling and Lowe!!!

Comment

The scroll on MSNBC didn't name a Red Sox player so it might not be one of their biggest stars. Maybe someone like Nixon and some draft picks

Comment

I dont want us to give up Manny or any other offensive player.

Getting rid of Manny would be the best thing the Bosox could do. Too bad no one wants his overpaid, worthless ass.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Ah, so curt is fine with just one ring....how nice of him.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

he's a good pitcher.

too bad he's playing for the wrong team, and might not be playing real ball anymore.
                B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                  I read "Curt Schilling to Botox". Mebbe he's tired of his old age wrinkles? Wants poutier lips?
                  Quite possible. He pouted his way out of Philly and now he is pouting his way out of AZ.

You Boston fans beware: Schill is making the agreement to be traded to Boston contingent upon Terry Francona getting the manager job in Boston. Francona and Schill were in Philly together. Schill loved Francona because he could tell Francona when he was coming out of a game and Francona was afraid to argue. Schill would then try to pitch a complete game every time out and wound up being useless by September. Of course, it's not like the Phils were in any pennant races under Francona anyway. Francona had very little respect from the players and the Phils had last place finishes almost every year he was there.

Comment

Yeah but for who Berz?

It's Casey Fossum and another prospect. Then the D'Backs are dealing Fossum to Milwaukee for Sexton.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Take him!! Take him!!! Please!!!!

I don't want him to end up back on the Phillies.
                      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        Yeah but for who Berz?

It's Casey Fossum and another prospect. Then the D'Backs are dealing Fossum to Milwaukee for Sexton.
                        Actually, the way I've heard it, it's Fossum (who is well on his way to becoming the next Ted Lilly), Brandon Lyon, and two prospects, with the prospects getting shipped to Milwaukee for Sexson.

I'd just as well that this trade not go through, as I don't want Francona as manager. (Hoping that Larry Dierker gets the job.)
                        oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Word was that when they were offering Schilling to the Yankees, the D'backs were asking for Soriano and Nick Johnson, which would be an absurdly high price even if the trade wasn't a salary dump. I wonder why they're being so much more reasonable with Boston? (Not complaining; I grew up a Red Sox fan.)
                          "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

I have a hunch, just a hunch, that next year we will see a Red Sox - Cubs world series.
                            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Fossum (who is well on his way to becoming the next Ted Lilly)

That isn't all that bad. Lilly is/will be a consistent 14 game winner, with the potential to be a very solid 2 and a great 3.

I wonder why they're being so much more reasonable with Boston?

Well the deal for the D'Backs is really Schilling for Sexson, Lyon, and 2 prospects. Milwaukee wants Fossum and will dump Sexson for him. Sexson is better than Johnson (and in the same league), and the D'Backs would probably rather have a closer and 2 prospects than a 2B they may want to turn into a CF (since they have Spivey at 2B).
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X