No announcement yet.

Where do you work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, at least that is ok... now the State University, OTOH .

you have one general line of inquiry: I have to deal with a whole range of things

I bow down to you . Then again, it is always good when you do help someone and they appreciate it. It is drowned out sometimes by the people who get mad at you (when was this my fault that we don't have jurisdiction over your issue).
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm a teaching assistant for an undergraduate money & banking course offered by the economics department at Michigan State. There are about 240 students and I'm the only TA. I hold office hours, give review sessions, proctor exams, but mostly I do grading (and it is the absolute worst part of my job ). The exams are not multiple choice (the professor absolutely refuses to give multiple choice exams no matter how much the enrollment increases), so it takes me about a week to go through them all. Just finished grading their second midterm last weekend as a matter of fact. Hopefully next year, or next semester even, I'll get to be the TA for a cushy graduate course.
      "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

I bow down to you . Then again, it is always good when you do help someone and they appreciate it. It is drowned out sometimes by the people who get mad at you (when was this my fault that we don't have jurisdiction over your issue).
        Yeah, the thank you's last a few minutes, while the irrate folks can easily take up hours..specially if they show in person.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I work for British Airways. Technical Consultant for PRS (Passenger Reception System) better known as Check-In.

Currently designing and implementing check-in for the new functionality comming out of the mainframe (or soon to anyway).

Fun ?? .. actually, its ok .. 90% discounted flights are not to be knocked.
          "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

Viceroy, can you somehow forward those tickets to someone outside the family? Let's say I get 3 tickets, first class with 70% discount, you keep the 20%?
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I work part-time for Securitas.

Comment

Zopperoni, part-time rent-a-cop? Just kidding. My friend also works for Securitas.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I work in the mortgage business. I just switched jobs last Monday. I left a great job with the second largest lender in the country, overseeing their operations in TN. I went to work for another national lender (not as big, but still a major player) and will now be overseeing operations is California, Washington, Nevada, and Oregon. Supposedly I can still do all of this from my .17 acres of heaven just south of Nashville. It has the potential to be a lot more money, but is a pretty fair risk. You know what they say...If you don't take chances, you'll never be rich!! Well, we'll see.
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I work for Federal Government... cannot really tell you the details.
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I work at my University as a Resident Assistant, and am also a teaching assistant for an Economics class.
                      "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I work for Rick Perry.

More specifically, I'm a research assistant in the Fusion Research Center in UT. Basically, I do miscellaneous stuff related to the research the guy that hired me is doing (which ranges from doing calculations to setting up experiments to just moving **** around).
                        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                        -Bokonon

Comment

I serve in the IDF. Specifics are classified

Comment

"People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

Los Angeles County Superior Court, where I'm president of one of the labor union locals.

Comment

Last edited by Sirotnikov; November 22, 2003, 20:02.

Comment

Working...
                                X