Where do you work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you work?

I'm at work, and bored (), so I wonder where the rest of y'all (who are also posting from work) actually work.

I work part time for the US Government.

More specifically: The United States Department of Labor - Employee Benefits Securities Administration.

So when you get screwed over in COBRA continuation coverage or the employer is violating the group health plan (or pension plan) then you call me.... then I ask someone else who works here what the answer is . Sometimes I even get to send a lead over and investigate some crooked company.

What about you?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

I work in this really small cell they call a cubical. I make it even smaller by filling it up with spare parts. I am in lovely Palo Alto, if I step outside I can see that stupid clock tower at Stanford.

I make drugs.

Actually, I just design, optimize, qualify/validate, and approve processes. Those processes make the drug. I am also the guy that upper management comes to when they get too many complaints from doctors about one of the products we make. So, I run tests, wait a week for the results, and then tell upper management that the doctors don't know how to follow the instructions that are written in plain and english, nor can they successfully follow the video instructions that come with their kits.

I make drugs for cancer patients. The one I am on right now is for the chemical castration of people with testicular cancer, or for people we just don't like... I have worked on several other parenteral pharmaceuticals (that's the fancy name they assign to implants or injectible drugs) including treatments for the flue (vacine), breast cancer (I really felt like I was do the whole world a service on that one), Cystic Fibrosis, Hodgkins diseases, and some medicine that stops heart attacks. I worked on a few other clinicals that either didn't make it to market or haven't gotten to market yet.

All in all it's a fun job, mentally challenging and rewarding with a good future as my skills are and will be in high demand by biotech companies. I work for one of the largest and most respected suppliers/manufacturers of pharmeceutical products and drugs in the world. They don't compensate the best, but it's good enough for now. I'll just soak up the experience and move on sometime in the future....
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Japher, so when you move on to real estate business (which is the mother of them all, God don't make no more land!) you could set up one or two man business, get it registered, and then get me there and support my green card (sending some letter to someone), maybe as some kind of consultant to build up the information systems and work on the process procedure implementations or something like that. I'll be naturally working you for free, or at minimum wage for a small time until you just have to let me go, but I'll be with my green card.... right?
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Sure thing Pekka
        Monkey!!!

Comment

I work in the offices of a New York City Councilman representing parts of Queens, serving as a constituent Liaisons: More specifically, when someone in the district has a problem or concern I am the person who must deal with it.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

i am a soldier in the united states army, and my job is . . . well, i can't tell you exactly. it's classified
            -connorkimbro
            "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

connorkimbro, admit it! it's to make coffee to some 19 year old kid whose father has higher ranks than you!

btw, I met Russian general in the army. Not personally, but he looked just behind my back when I showed how to do this thing. It was kind of cool, except I was nervous but it went ok. The general was very interested too, he had a plastic bag that said (duty free shop) and a 10 packer of Marlboros in it in his left hand
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I work as a car salesman (No not a parking lot shark, I am not like that) for Saturn Saab Isuzu dealer. And I have a performance parts distribution business. I am waiting for it to pick up enough revenus to leave this job and open up my own speed shop full time. I also work on cars during weekends. I install turbos, superchargers, exhauts, ECUs and so on.

My dream is to, someday, have my own race track.

Spec.
                -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

connorkimbro, admit it! it's to make coffee to some 19 year old kid whose father has higher ranks than you!

hahaha, no. those punk 19 year old kids make coffee for ME. and MY father is a higher rank than the father of any other army brat kid i've ever met.
                  -connorkimbro
                  "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

I work as a supervisor for Best Buy. Although you could say that my "real job" is going to school full time, I just have no idea what I want to do.

That's OK, though - my job is pretty cushy for now.
                    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                    Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

More specifically, when someone in the district has a problem or concern I am the person who must deal with it.

Ouch! I understand. I'm a 'Benefits Advisor' and people with problems just aren't that fun to work with sometimes.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Ouch! I understand. I'm a 'Benefits Advisor' and people with problems just aren't that fun to work with sometimes
                        Believe me, I know that - I used to intern in **** Armey's Congressional office.
                        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well, the thing is, you have one general line of inquiry: I have to deal with a whole range of things- from evictions, to parking issues, to building issues, I mean, any porblem under the sun there cna possibly be.

One does learn a lot about who does what, thought.
                          If you don't like reality, change it! me
                          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

So you mean you were paid by federal tax money?

Comment

No, it was unpaid.

Comment

Working...
                              X