X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q^3,

You spoiled my perfectly good insinuation
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Re: Re: Asian Girls and White Guys?

Originally posted by Kidicious

I hope the Asian men don't take this the wrong way, but some of the Asian women that prefer white men say that Asian men are oppresive in a way.
      This definitely applies to the Chinese woman I used to be engaged to. She was married to a Chinese man, and divorced him because he insisted on being in charge all the time. (Nobody runs this woman's life--she's a force of nature.) Since then, she absolutely will not date an Asian.

Oh, and if Lucy Liu is considered plain by Asians, then Alinestra's point is beyond dispute. I trip over my tongue when I see her.
      "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
        Hear hear on that poster who said white guys choose only the ugly Asian girls.

Most of my Korean pals say that if there's an ugly Korean girl, her parents always joke about her going to America, so that some poor white sap will find her irresistible and marry her.

And before you argue, I think the popularity of somebody as plain as Lucy Liu is evidence enough.
        beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

And I would go so far as to say that not one of the Asian actresses doing films in America have the looks going for them. Then again, I don't find many movie actresses in America a real beauty.
        badams

Comment

• Originally posted by badams52
          beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
          True.

I think what Allie was trying to say was most East Asians do not consider Lucy Liu attractive. Which of course went on to prove mindseye's point
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

• Again, to add to Alinestra's point . . . i totally agree. When discussing girls with some of my co-workers (asian girls) they often have much different taste in which girls are hot than us foreign folk. this pertains only to asian girls though, they still have pretty much the same taste in judging western looking girls.

also, just to add that it's not just the difference in eye shapes, it's alot more complex than that.
            -connorkimbro
            "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

• It also depends on what you are looking for. I tended to date tallish (5'8"-9" or 1.73m-1.75m) and my wife of 10 years is under 5' or 1.5m, go figure. Appearance may catch your attention, but other things do, to (hopefully).

I love a woman with a nice smile and animated features. Woman of any nationality can have those features. Many people today sadly do not understand the difference between hot and attractive. My wife can tell in under a minute if I will find a woman attractive (it doesn't phaze her, she knows I find her MAX attractive ) by just evaluating those traits her smile and how expressive she is. If you only date based on appearance, I feel sorry for you.

By the way, Michelle Yeoh (Yu Shu Lien) is a very attractive Chinese actress. She has been in some really terrible grade B Chinese action movies, and in at least one movie I liked, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (Wo hu cang long) 2000. Even if you didn't like the movie, she has a wonderfully expressive face, 'nough said. I cannot tell about the expressive part, but look at Alinestra Covelia. Her avatar shows a nice smile too.

Speaking of which, for you bilingual types out there, how are the terms hot (sexy) versus beautiful versus attractive sorted out in your language. That might give an insight into different cultures way of looking at suitable mates (primarily oriented from a male viewpoint, but hey, I am male ). Any thoughts, it might help sort out why certain people date others of a specific race. This might help explain some of the Western/Asian differences posted here? Any thoughts?
              The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
              And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
              Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
              Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

• I don't really know what Asians look for in an attractive women, but I can definitely say that their taste in men is horrendous, at least in Japan. All the Japanese male idols on TV are homo-gay metrosexuals. Ick...
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• The young in Japan are probably the most modernised wierd people I can think of on this planet.

Here's another question, I have also noticed that young asial girls, who appear to be extremely innocent, extremely girlish; they appear to be very nice and decent people, but once you get to know them, they are incredibly slutty.. why?
                  be free

Comment

• shawn,

Michelle Yoh is not considered attractive over here. Rosamund Kwan is.

Drake,

Yes, they do go for the "pretty boy" look. You can't tell if they are male or female.

Comment

• Have any of you heard of HAGAWG? It stands for Hot Asian Girl, Average White Guy. It seems to be standard that many plain white guys who don't have a chance in hell of landing a hot white woman never the less find smokingly hot Asian women who are willing to date them. My question is why?
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Rosamund Kwan is.

Funny... I don't find her that attractive at all.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Hey that's not what happened with me and my partner!
                          be free

Comment

• Oerdin,

That's because of the difference in perception as many pointed out.

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            Rosamund Kwan is.

Funny... I don't find her that attractive at all.
                            I am not the least bit surprised

Comment

• I have also noticed that young asial girls, who appear to be extremely innocent, extremely girlish; they appear to be very nice and decent people, but once you get to know them, they are incredibly slutty.. why?

No pesky sense of Christian morality.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• He says that like it's a bad thing.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X