Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you havent before I dont suggest you do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, using free weights. I don't use them. Thanks for the pics.

Just got back from the gym actually..
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

why dont you use freeweights?

Comment

Use about ten machines instead.
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I do both. Machines are good for targetting a specific muscle group, but freeweights are good doing larger movements, like deadlifts, clean and jerks, snatches, etc.

I always do a round on the machines, something aerobic, another round on the machines and then freeweights
          Smile
          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

I never do cardio prior to lifting. It saps you of energy necessary to lift as heavy as possible. After my lifting for the day is done, I will do half hour of cardio.

I try to fit in as many compound excercises into my routine as possible. Squats, DL, Bench Press. I only use free weights as machines restrict your range of motion and limit the amount of muscle fiber that can be recruited for the excercise. I believe isolation excercise like PecDec for example are a waste of time.

Comment

What's your height and weight?
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Well, my routine tends to be..

12 mins treadmill (2% incline, run as fast as I can = around 2.3km at the moment)

2 sets of 8, 1 set to failure on about 10 machines at 63kg (about 140 pounds I think).

12 minutes bike

swim 300 metres
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

6'0" 215

Comment

Originally posted by Park Avenue
                    Well, my routine tends to be..

12 mins treadmill (2% incline, run as fast as I can = around 2.3km at the moment)

2 sets of 8, 1 set to failure on about 10 machines at 63kg (about 140 pounds I think).

12 minutes bike

swim 300 metres
                    Thats quite a cardio workout there with the swimming included. So your lifting is designed to keep everything toned as opposed to building muscle mass, then? Sounds like you would be good at long distance running with the cardio endurance you require for your workouts.

Comment

Well I play football (soccer ), so don't want to be huge and hardly able to run..

I'm 6'0 as well, but only 180lbs or so.
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I never do cardio prior to lifting. It saps you of energy necessary to lift as heavy as possible. After my lifting for the day is done, I will do half hour of cardio.
                        at first I was going to say you're an overweight tub of fat/muscle, but then you mentioned your height and weight and it became clear, youre just bigger than most people.

I usually do about 15 minutes on the tredmill at a brisk jog, then go lift machines and freeweights (the only machines I use are leg press and lat machine), and then I finish up with 20-30 minutes on the tredmill (depending on how I feel, I like being tired after I work out) going at a brisk jog again with the last 5-10 minutes walking. But I havent worked out in about a month and a half, just havent felt like it.

Comment

It's a habit. Gotta get into it again to enjoy it.
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                          X