Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overdose

well I talked to my isurance about my earache

they said come in in the morning but take some tolyeno anda nasal decongestant

so I took some nyquil, but figured that was week (I think I took ~4 dose of it)

than I took some toleynol (2 tablets)

than I took some decongestants (2 tablets)

but the decongestants had toleynol in them

I Feel better now (Still hurt bu *** is not unbearable now)

but I took ~4000 mg of Acetaminophen

and ~180 mg of Pseudieohedrine

I talked to poison control and they said I would live

will I?

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

btw I am 202 Lbs

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/apap_od.htm

In adults, hepatic toxicity has rarely been reported with acute overdoses of less than 10 grams and fatalities with less than 15 grams. Importantly, young children seem to be more resistant than adults to the hepatotoxic effect of an acetaminophen overdose. Despite this, the measures outlined below should be initiated in any adult or child suspected of having ingested an acetaminophen overdose.

Early symptoms following a potentially hepatotoxic overdose may include: nausea vomiting, diaphoresis and general malaise. Clinical and laboratory evidence of hepatic toxicity may not be apparent until 48 to 72 hours post-ingestion.

Treatment: The stomach should be emptied promptly by lavage or by induction of emesis with syrup of ipecac. Patients' estimates of the quantity of a drug ingested are notoriously unreliable. Therefore, if an acetaminophen overdose is suspected, a serum acetaminophen assay should be obtained as early as possible, but no sooner than four hours following ingestion. Liver function studies should be obtained initially and repeated at 24-hour intervals.

The antidote, N-acetylcysteine, should be administered as early as possible, preferably within 16 hours of the overdose ingestion for optimal results, but in any case, within 24 hours. Following recovery, there are no residual, structural or functional hepatic abnormalities.

For additional emergency information, call your regional poison center or call the Rocky Mountain Poison Center toll-free (1-800-525-6115).

ALCOHOL INFORMATION

Chronic heavy alcohol abusers may be at increased risk of liver toxicity from excessive acetaminophen use, although reports of this event are rare. Reports almost invariably involve cases of severe chronic alcoholics and the dosages of acetaminophen most often exceed recommended doses and often involve substantial overdose. Professionals should alert their patients who regularly consume large amounts of alcohol not to exceed recommended doses of acetaminophen.

If none of this applies, then just make sure you drink plenty of water. DO NOT GO OVERBOARD, you can make you self ill by overdoing water. It will help. If you drink alchohol, don't mix with acetaminophen it's REALLY rough on your liver. This also applies if you take statins (cholesterol lowering drugs).
      The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
      And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
      Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
      Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

I wwill drink some more water

does anyone know what those words mean?

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Just don't drink more than, say, two quarts of water an hour, and you shouldn't suffer water toxicity.

Too much water can swell the brain.

In a bad way.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Keep a doctor on the phone.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Essentially you took close to half the dose that can poision your liver. Not too good. Stay off the alchohol and acetaminophen for a while. How long is a while? Talk to your doctor in the morning! Good move calling the poison control center, by the way. Also, make sure you get a good pain med. I had ear infections for a decade until the accidental discovery they were being caused indirectly by allergies (oddball case). Even after you start taking the antibiotics, it will be several hours, at least, before they start kicking in. You just think it hurts now.
              The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
              And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
              Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
              Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Jon- I've just lost a friend to liver failure. See a doctor now.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Re: overdose

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                  well I talked to my isurance about my earache

they said come in in the morning but take some tolyeno anda nasal decongestant

so I took some nyquil, but figured that was week (I think I took ~4 dose of it)

than I took some toleynol (2 tablets)

than I took some decongestants (2 tablets)

but the decongestants had toleynol in them

I Feel better now (Still hurt bu *** is not unbearable now)

but I took ~4000 mg of Acetaminophen

and ~180 mg of Pseudieohedrine

I talked to poison control and they said I would live

will I?

Jon Miller
                  I don't know about that "Pseudo" drug, but you called poison control because you took 6 Tylenol? Hell, I take 4 EX tylenol as a matter of course whenever I get on of my headaches.... and if they aren't doing the job in an hour, I take a couple more.

Comment

Tylenol is aspirin, isn't it? I hope you're not too attached to your stomach lining.

If it's paracetamol, you're killing your liver.
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Drink water and eat bread.
                      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

I last had alcohol over a week ago (~3 drinks)

and the time before that was two weeks ago (I was drunk)

I can go light on the alcohol for a while longer (maybe forever?)

I didn't drink before this summer

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

miller how long has this been going on now?

like a month?
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

what?
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

the earache? a couple of days

drinking alcohol? summer in meaningful quantities

overdose? roughly an hour before the first post

I don't regularly take pain meds (like maybe twice a semester)

Jon Miller
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                              X