Video Card part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a USB 2 version
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
      ...I'm still trying to figure out how he's going to install that card without opening the computer...
      I'm glad someone asked that question!

Comment

Jaguar Warrior, the folks telling you that the Radeon 9600 is overkill on your system are correct. For HL2, if you want to play it will all the bells and whistles, you are going to need more of a system upgrade if you want to have it run well. Check their site to see the minimum, and then check several gaming sites to see what's recommended.

Still an awesome buy, though. If you were going to purchase HL2 anyway, combined with the rebate I'd probably purchase the card and then upgrade components as time and resources permit. Be careful. AMD machines and some of the modern video cards have had compatability problems, but patches almost always fix them. Watch your power supply, if you have a 250 watt or less power supply (some cheaper celeron system do), contact Dell or Radeon and see if they think it will handle the new video card. Also, some cheaper systems have integrated video, open your case and make sure you have an AGP space. By the way, a new motherboard/CPU combo (athalon XP 2400) can be had for $98 (pricewatch). But then you will probably need a new power supply, etc. Good luck.
        The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
        And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
        Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
        Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

IIRC JW said in a previous thread he will upgrade his PC soon
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
            Watch your power supply, if you have a 250 watt or less power supply (some cheaper celeron system do), contact Dell or Radeon and see if they think it will handle the new video card.
            Or just grab an industrial strength Emermax power supply.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
              Jaguar Warrior, the folks telling you that the Radeon 9600 is overkill on your system are correct. For HL2, if you want to play it will all the bells and whistles, you are going to need more of a system upgrade if you want to have it run well.
              My dad has a 6 month old PC. When I get a new PC, which shall be within a year, I will install the Radeon on it if it doesn't come with a good card, and if it does, I will give the Radeon to my Dad.

I installed it just fine. Halo and Battlefield 1942 are both running now, and they wouldn't before.

Mad Monk, I wasn't planning on installing the card without opening the PC up. I just wanted to make sure it had AGP without having to go through the trouble of opening it up.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                Still having problems ADG?
                Yeah, I haven't had the time to reinstall Windows... I can't do this before the exam project is done, a few days before Christmas
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Jaguar Warrior - congrats. I have video card envy, mine is only a Nvideo TI 4400. Drool.
                  The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                  And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                  Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                  Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                  X