No announcement yet.

Whats a Philly cheese-steak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

real philly cheesesteaks are made in philly.

kinda like chicago dogs, or chicago deep dish. you *can* have it in other places, but the aura of the city isn't embedded in the cuisine, so it doesn't taste as good.
    B♭3

Comment

It's all psychological
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I'm from Lincolnshire, and I can tell you what......bugger, nothing food-related originates in Lincolnshire.
        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Erm, Lincolnshire sausages?
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Hey, it could be worse, you could be from London and look at what they have - jellied eels
            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              To be serious, one of the hallmarks of a 'Philly' Cheesesteak is that the cheese is Cheese Wiz.
              Something that John Kerry did not know. LOL.
              'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
              G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

if you have to ask...
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

...it's because you do not know.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Surely Stilton would be vastly superior
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Wasn't there an article posted about Microsoft developing a new Philly Cheese steak?
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Philly Cheesesteak XP Home?
                        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                          Philly cheesesteak sandwiches are the best
                          My steak sandwiches, with or without cheese, are superior.
                          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

a delayed heartattack.
                            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

a delayed heartattack.
                              its called enjoying life while you have it

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                To be serious, one of the hallmarks of a 'Philly' Cheesesteak is that the cheese is Cheese Wiz.
                                Cheez Wiz?! Commie

A good one has american or swiss. Plus you have to have onions and bell peppers mixed in with the meat.

That's authentic.
                                "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X