Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What, in your opinion, is the worst crime.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably torture, since it can encompass many of the other crimes, and go further too. Although it would depened on the situation and circumstances. Whatever you imagine to be your worst nightmare would count as torture, and therefore, make it the worst, IMHO. Some of the others can be bad enough to destroy someones life, but if they reached that stage, I would consider them a form of torture. It's a bit of a catch-all, hence an easy choice IMHO.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

tickling is torture to me. I hate people tickling me. And I heard it once was used as a form of torture.

but is tickling a crime? No.

Of course I just blew my own argument out of the water . But it was too difficult defending torture as my choice anyways. Torture can encompass so many things, and really isn't a crime by itself. It includes other crimes.

Comment

Torture first and Murder second.
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

torture and child abuse (but I voted for rape as a specific form of torture)

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Pedophilia
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

What was the line from Pulp Fiction?

I think it was, "I'm gonna get a couple of brothers with pliers and a blow torches on you."

Damn, that's gotta be the worst. Rape and molestation is up there too though.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by oedo
                I´m surprised by the poll results so far. it looks like two philosophies of life are bumping into each other.
                the torture/rape voters may rate life as a neutrum. terminating a life can be a good thing, if life is full of pain and sadness.
                on the other hand the murder voters consider life as valuable, no matter how painful it is.

I voted murder.
                Very astute observation.
                "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Rape-torture murder. There, that says it all.

How about torturing someone until they agree to murder someone else?

Consider also the case of Charles Manson, i.e., using drugs to brain wash stupid teenagers into multiple-rape torture murders. For icing on the cake, consider that the whole point of the murders was to attempt to inflame race hatred in the hopes of fomenting a race war.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Murder of course, all the other crimes at least leaves the victim alive. The physical and/or emotional trauma of rape or torture can ruin a person's life, but they have a role in that ruination. For example, we can ask Sen John McCain if he would rather the N Vietnamese killed him instead of torturing him and letting him survive the war. The victim of a crime has a choice once the crime has been committed, get over it or let the criminal continue victimizing them by letting the crime cause anguish.

I'm sure it's very hard to get over such a crime, but what other option is there? Go on with your life... Go on or let the crime be your downfall...

Comment

I think that life is always better (almost always better?)

I consider the possibility of an after life, when I put torture (rape and child abuse) as worse than murder

JOn Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

If any of you knows a rape victim, as I do, then you'd realise how stupid answering rape is. Most would rather have been raped than be dead.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I know a number of rape victims

and I agree

but I think tat rape is terrible and is a form of torture

and also I looked at the votes first and thought that it needed some more

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

a life time of torment is worse than a quick and painless death.

Torture and rape. both involve breaking a person, their spirit, and rendering them completely powerless. The psychological ramifications are terribly difficult if not impossible to overcome.
                            "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

that's true

but I and most people would and do choose ot live

it's not that simple

it is just that I think, in general, that there is less suffering in murder than in torture

it is a truism that is unballanceable, life is always better

Jon Miller
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

well, I won't say unballanceable

but almost so, life is almost always better

let's say it that way

Jon Miller
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                                X