The Ultimate Defense Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate Defense Base

You can draw it, or explain it. I'm still designing mine, so my answer will be delayed.

Limits:
    -NO transportation, NO vehicles. Possible extra ammo will be dropped to your location.

-NO any kind of missile systems. RPGs are allowed, and pity the fool who doesn't want them.

-Water area on your back, so you retreat to water and enemy will just shoot you like a fish in a bucket.

-You can have mortars and granade launchers, assault rifles and heavy support weaponry that is mounted in the ground (can NOT be moved).

-You do have communication system, but you can not call endless airstrikes.

I know.. it's a crappy situation! Design your BASE!!!
    The winner will be the armchair general of 2003, five stars!

Are you fired up and excited! I KNOW YOU ARE! I AM TOO! LET'S GET IT ON!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

A small lead box?
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

huh

edit: wait I think I get it...give me about an hour or two (havent slept for awhile)

Comment

no stationary defence base is worth it, these days.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

It's not supposed to be permanent base. THe kind of base you set up in few days to defend the perimiter.
          I don't know what those are in english.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

ookay, this time not so big....

Attached Files

Comment

I love the Christian line. I think I need one too!

I'm still thinking how I'll build mine. Looking good
              In da butt.

Comment

hurry up, sheesh!

Comment

Yeah I tried my best to draw it with PSP but I'm really bad with it .

I will do it however, because I started this so I must do it. I'll go watch Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien and then come back and finish it. Btw, it's going to be AWESOME!
                  In da butt.

Comment

While the armies of good destroy my base, I'm in...

'
                    Attached Files
                    cIV list: cheats
                    Now watch this drive!

Comment

God dammit. I think it's the right picture now
                      cIV list: cheats
                      Now watch this drive!

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                        no stationary defence base is worth it, these days.
                        hi ,

depends what its for , .....

in Lib we had some deep dug in Vietnam style bases , we still have some today on our borders , ......

pekka , in Israel there is something like a family of remote sentry guns , they are controlled either by comp or by a trackball with a human from a distance , those tend to defend the area extremely good , put in some minefields , both AT and AP , both ground and airbust (!) , some lasers , mortars , sniping positions , and some tanks to move around quickly inside to provide firepower where needed , overlaying killzones , claymores , both in two layers , zigzag trenches with grenade ditches , overhead concrete protection , etc , .....

now lets try to overrun it , ......

say , pekka , what ya need this for , .....

taking up a last stand or so , .......

have a super great night
                        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Those are all in my plans, except for remote controlled gunnery.. and tanks. I have my Sleep Watcher System too, which has that remote controlled targetting for granade attacks, the ones that shoots the 'mother-granade', explodes in the air and releases many granades.. death from above. I also planned to have lots of flares that are on autofire when I so decide. I also have some milder gasses like military type of tear gas, ready to be launched. I hope the wind is not against me!

I have lots and lots of mines, all are undetectable by ordinary detectors, no metal, naturally.

MY main strategy is to camoflague everything perfectly, so that we can 'ambush' the enemy with our front foxholes, the actual base is not possible to make undetectable from near.
                          The idea is, that the front foxholes (appx. 200 meters from the actual first foxholes) are manned, and they will unleash granade attacks and fire, and during the granade attack they will flee back to the real front foxholes. This gives them a chance to come back in one piece though with not so good odds. At this time snipers will start taking enemies out, and the smart ones have hit the ground to avoid shrapnel.

We try to make it so, that the enemy thinks our base is straight ahaed of them, and they try to flank just a bit to avoid direct approach. But that's what we want them to think. They'll regroup and start coming, flanking a bit or spreading a bit. If they don't seem to be coming soon enough, we'll just call for an airstrike and check the place after that.

When they start coming, we have laid whole lots of mines, but they are not activated. I watch from goggles when they have advanced enough, and active them AFTER they have gone pass the mines. The mines are now on their back. They are now in area, where there are no mines or only few mines. They start approaching the real minefield, but before that, I let the granades hit on them harder, with full force from the base. Now they hit the ground, what ever, and start either going back or attacking. If they go back, they'll meet the activated mines.

If they attack forward, like I'm expecting, they'll go through traditional AP mines, claymores, and whole lots of flying metal. At this point we open fire with our personal guns and machine guns starts to sing also.

There are also few bigger charges planted, ready for us to push the button and give a nice little shock with that.
                          If they however make it and still are coming closer, it's tear gas time, and everyone is ready to put those gasmasks on in advance. We then can shoot the enemy like fish in bucket when they are grabbing their masks on.
                          In da butt.

Comment

mines better

Comment

Space, sure, but you have walls and stuff like that. You won't get guys coming at you, you get airstrikes and missile attacks only . I get them lost guys who think there is onyl light resistance ahead.. BOYAA!
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X