No announcement yet.

Canadians' Friendly Neighbor to the South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could the Yanks please deport their current regime to Uzbekistan for further treatment? Thank you very much.
    “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

We'd love to (the US getting in bed with that regime should be criminal). But then we would be unable to board aircraft (certain peace activitists have found themselves red-flagged as possible terrorists in our new, anti-terror semi-secret, or at least inaccessable to citizens, data-base), investigated by law enforcement as disloyal, have all our emails tapped, our library records searched, and possible have secret warrents executed against our house via a secret court that can sign off on them (these are all LEGAL under the US Patriot Act). We are a Republic, not a Democracy. It means once a President gets elected, especially if his party controls one chamber of Congress, then he has four years of more or less carte blanche. It's scary.
      The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
      And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
      Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
      Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Working...
      X