Sad day for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad day for me

I find myself pathetically misty eyed today. As most of you know, I was in the US Navy for 5 years. I went to my former ship's Website and discovered that it was to be decommissioned on the 12th of December.

Suprisingly enough, I almost cried. I never fully realized how much that ship affected my life, even almost 10 years later.

I really wish I had found out sooner, and I would have scraped the money together to be there for the decommissioning ceremony. Witch is being addressed by the first Captain I ever had.

no ack here.
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Oh.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I didn't think anyone would care. Just had to share it with someone.

Comment

Well I...feel sorry that your sad

Comment

It is amazing how inanimate objects and places effect us when they change. Sorry you feel bad.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

hey, it was decommisioned on my birthday!!!
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

This is a picture of the ship when I visited Hong Kong in 1991:
              Attached Files

Comment

And at my favorite Liberty Port of all time, Longview, Washington:
                Attached Files

Comment

In honour of your ship

Comment

That is kinda sad. A place of thousands of memories, gone.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Yeah, it was my home for 3.5 years. Also it was my transportation around the world.

Comment

which sailor are you in the 2nd picture??

Comment

Sorry for your loss, Tuber.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                            which sailor are you in the 2nd picture??
                            As a matter of fact, I am one of the sailors on the fantail, that's the back of the ship. There just isn't a way to point out which one, but I am, in fact, in that picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                              Sorry for your loss, Tuber.
                              Another thing the Navy did for me was let me see the hometown or country of quite a few Apolyton posters.

Chicago, San Diego, Tijuana, Hawaii, Australia-Perth/Freemantle and Sydney, mainland China.

Thanks Skanky.

Comment

Working...
                              X