No announcement yet.

Things you've done to get out of doing work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's even more amazing that he can still type after losing both hands.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I once crashed an IBM mainfraime so I wouldn't have to turn in my code...
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Re: Things you've done to get out of doing work

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
        Once when I needed to finish a research paper by the next day, but couldn't, I made the last 12 pages consist entirely of weird symbols. Since the teacher had everything be due electronically, he just thought there was some problem with MS Word and asked me to send it again. I finished the paper that night and emailed him a finished copy.

Post more stories of this nature here.
        Hey this is a great idea. I think I might use it.
        Donate to the American Red Cross.
        Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Re: Re: Things you've done to get out of doing work

Originally posted by Vesayen

I've done that too lol, when I was in highschool.

Another trick I didnt do but a friend did, tell your teacher your printer broke so you saved it to a disk. Intentionally corrupt the disk(either using a magnet or carefully opening it up and scratching it) lol. By the time the teacher contacts you for another copy, have it done
          This is a good one too. Why didn't I think of this before?
          Well a lot of times when I had to turn in things late, I am able to talk to the teacher about and get it turn in latter.
          Donate to the American Red Cross.
          Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Originally posted by dv8ed
            I once crashed an IBM mainfraime so I wouldn't have to turn in my code...
            Back in the early 70's when we wanted to get out of our 10:00 data processing class, we'd go in early and pretend to key punch some items and pull a few student cards out of the master deck and wack the 12 edge and replace them. They would start the sort for the attendance run at around 9:55. The sorter would hit the wacked cards and start jamming up. Our teacher was responsible for all the equipment and would then get called to the office around 10:01. Class dismissed.

RAH
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Back in first year CS we had to write a program to do some kind of simulation for like 500 seconds and we were supposed to print all the run logs to show that it worked.

Well mine worked up to about 350 then went nuts. I couldn't figure it out so I printed all the logs, stapled them together then ripped the last sheet off but left the little bit of paper near the staple so it would look like an accident.
              Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

At work I've spent this last week subtly constructing an HTML page that looks exactly like the piece of software I have to use. If I can get it accurate enough, I plan to use it as a get-out-of-work toy. Just sit there with it open, and then cunningly get my own carefully designed error-messages to appear on screen. Or use CSS to turn it upside down.

Which would work fine until they contact tech support.
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

When I used to go around my village collecting money for the local milkman, I used to "forget" to go to people's houses if I a) didn't like them, or b) simply couldn't be arsed to go. Some of them eventually ran up debts of £100, for nothing more than milk.
                  "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

I can see how you would chop off one hand, but how would you chop off both??? Can you use your feet to hold the axe?

I'm still not doing work...

i'm just kickass like that.
                    B♭3

Comment

Working...
                    X