Things you've done to get out of doing work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you've done to get out of doing work

Once when I needed to finish a research paper by the next day, but couldn't, I made the last 12 pages consist entirely of weird symbols. Since the teacher had everything be due electronically, he just thought there was some problem with MS Word and asked me to send it again. I finished the paper that night and emailed him a finished copy.

Post more stories of this nature here.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

I'm ashamed of this one, but few years ago I got job interview, and they way there my temperature started rising rapidly. I was really feeling bad, and then I started also stressing the interview, because I was now a mess.
    On thing lead to other, and I called there 5 minutes before I was supposed to be there 'my gf got hit by a car and I'm now in the hospital.. I can't make it I'm sorry'.
    They were all concerned about it and 'ohhhh.. don't you worry one bit about this, you need to think about your gf only'. ..

Then I just took train back to home and was pleased.
    I thought I didn't want to call in sick or anything, because I was supposed to be there in 5 minutes.. so I thought only emergency will do.
    They even said that they could do a very short interview there in the phone! But I dodged that one too 'I have to close my cell phone I'm entering hospital'... Kind of stupid of me.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I plagarized a few pages of one of my old papers in a term paper (both on the subject of early Chinese Mohism ).
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Ive just not done it, easy huh?

Comment

i gouged out my eyes and chopped off my hands with an axe.
          B♭3

Comment

In order to avoid doing work, I mostly surf 'poly.

Comment

Re: Things you've done to get out of doing work

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
              Once when I needed to finish a research paper by the next day, but couldn't, I made the last 12 pages consist entirely of weird symbols. Since the teacher had everything be due electronically, he just thought there was some problem with MS Word and asked me to send it again. I finished the paper that night and emailed him a finished copy.

Brilliant.

When my daughter graduates from HS, I'll let her know about this one.

Comment

Taken 3 bottles of prescription drugs and overdosed..
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                  In order to avoid doing work, I mostly surf 'poly.
                  Same here

Did you know that the last 3 weeks, I should have been working on the most important oral for my whole studies, instead of posting 18/24 ?

Well, I just took the oral, and everything is all right
                  The 3 days marathon to prepare it was enough to make it :Party;

You guys haven't ruined my life yet
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

If I want to avoid work, I just delegate it.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If I want to avoid work, I just delegate it.
                      I hire contractors

I once had a friend who did something similar to Pekka: This friend really hated his job and called in sick for 3 days... On the 4th day he went in, worked, came home and decided to quit, but he needed to last one more day to get his bonus. He called in on day 5 and told them that his girlfriend was hit by a car and that he needed to go to the hospital... Great excuse, unfortunately he worked at the hospital.. True story.

I don't think I have made excuses to get out of work, though I have made excuses to get out of doing other stuff.

About 3 months ago things were really busy. Every weekend it seemed I had something to do, and work had been really busy (which is why I have so much time to hang out here) and I desperately need some time to relax. So, I told my wife that I needed to go into work on the weekend and would not be able to make the trip to Fresno for a bridal shower... I went into work (for like 3 hours)... Heck, why should I have gone to a bridal shower? I spend every holiday with her family, so I lied to get out of spending one weekend out of many with them... I think I will do it again
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior

I've done that too lol, when I was in highschool.

Another trick I didnt do but a friend did, tell your teacher your printer broke so you saved it to a disk. Intentionally corrupt the disk(either using a magnet or carefully opening it up and scratching it) lol. By the time the teacher contacts you for another copy, have it done

Comment

One time to avoid work, I posted a message on a thread called, "Re: Things you've done to get out of doing work" but it started to be too much work to create a funny posting...

So I deleted the very creative message and posted this really lame message instead...
                          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                            i gouged out my eyes and chopped off my hands with an axe.
                            I can see how you would chop off one hand, but how would you chop off both??? Can you use your feet to hold the axe?

I'm still not doing work...
                            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

how would you chop off both???
                              I guess you could use one of the huge paper cutter thingys, with the board and the big guilatene like thing at one end.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X