This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no problem with Levy

Except that he doesn't want to coach anymore .

but firing Jauron and getting 6 wins sounds stupid.

Well, if it was a 'rebuilding' year and they started Grossman all year in order to build for the future, 6 wins isn't bad.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      The move is towards faster defenses.

They've been always moving towards faster defenses. Vick is simply faster than anyone on the field. Carolina is a fairly speedy defense itself.
      You will see a fast defense tonight. Did Atanta play the Rams last year? I don't remember.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• You will see a fast defense tonight

Yes and? The average defense is more like Tennessee. There are only a few very fast defenses: St. Louis is one, Tampa is another, Baltimore is a third. There just aren't that many huge, fast defenders to go around.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

You will see a fast defense tonight

Yes and? The average defense is more like Tennessee. There are only a few very fast defenses: St. Louis is one, Tampa is another, Baltimore is a third. There just aren't that many huge, fast defenders to go around.
          A lot of defenses are getting faster. The Colts defense is much faster this year.

Comment

• A lot of defenses are getting faster. The Colts defense is much faster this year.

So one defense gets faster and suddenly they all are?

The Colts' D is getting faster because of their head coach, who makes an effort to bring in those players, like he did in Tampa... not because there are faster defenders coming out of college.

Comment

A lot of defenses are getting faster. The Colts defense is much faster this year.

So one defense gets faster and suddenly they all are?

The Colts' D is getting faster because of their head coach, who makes an effort to bring in those players, like he did in Tampa... not because there are faster defenders coming out of college.
              It's a matter of drafting those players who are faster. Teams want faster defenders more than they used to.

Comment

• It's a matter of drafting those players who are faster. Teams want faster defenders more than they used to.

Once again, the problem is that people aren't getting faster. Yes, you can bulk up fast players and make them linebackers, but there is only so far you can go. I mean, what use is a very fast defense, which is so small, they have problems tackling big backs?

Comment

It's a matter of drafting those players who are faster. Teams want faster defenders more than they used to.

Once again, the problem is that people aren't getting faster. Yes, you can bulk up fast players and make them linebackers, but there is only so far you can go. I mean, what use is a very fast defense, which is so small, they have problems tackling big backs?
                  I'm not saying people are getting faster.

edit: Big backs don't win games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
                    yeah it's been funny... and he only took 4 calls from 2PM - 4:30PM
                    What a chicken...

Figures... he is such a wimp.

did you hear that caller "****gy"? He really ripped North a new one... although that guy wasn't too bright. He wanted Marv Levy and thought 6 wins was good next year. I have no problem with Levy, but firing Jauron and getting 6 wins sounds stupid.
                    Yeah... I heard it on the way home... talk about a moron. North said they were going to save if for Marv when he did his weekly call in later this week...

But yeah, North has weaseled out. I had to turn him off because I couldn't stand to listen to his stupid voice any more.
                    Yeah... he wanted all the veterans to come out publicly and say how they had let the coach down by screwing up... that it was all their fault... and the weaseling continued. And Doug was playing along with him... it was funny in a warped way. I've come to expect that kind of crap from North... I hope the callers don't give him any peace for the rest of the week... it will make the rides home enjoyable
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Big backs don't win games.

Tell that to Carolina and Baltimore. KC also has big back (Holmes is massive). Of course big backs win games!!

Comment

Big backs don't win games.

Tell that to Carolina and Baltimore. KC also has big back (Holmes is massive). Of course big backs win games!!
                        Let's take Baltimore. The Rams handled J. Lewis well enough to win. Faster defenses mean more tacklers.

More teams definitely want speed because speed kills. Size can be overcome by speed.

Comment

• Let's take Baltimore. The Rams handled J. Lewis well enough to win. Faster defenses mean more tacklers.

They rode that Lewis to a SuperBowl win. One game or playing against one team doesn't prove much.

Speaking of St. Louis

They are 23rd against the run. Speed kills, but it seems that big back can run on them sometimes. The team's D is best against the pass.

Speed kills but so does size. You need both. There aren't as many big speedy defensive players around, compared to offensive players. Offense is where the press is.

Comment

They are 23rd against the run. Speed kills, but it seems that big back can run on them sometimes. The team's D is best against the pass.
                            That's exactly my point. You don't have to be good against the run to win.

Comment

• You don't have to be good against the run to win.

You do in the playoffs. Remember the time tested adage, to win the playoffs you have to be able to run and stop the run.

Comment

You don't have to be good against the run to win.

You do in the playoffs. Remember the time tested adage, to win the playoffs you have to be able to run and stop the run.
                                You have to be able to run to keep the defense honest, but you don't have to be great at it. And you don't have to stop the run. Teams that are good at rushing don't score many points. You just have to score more.

Only one team that won the Super Bowl in the last 4 was great at the run and they had a great defense too.

Comment

Working...
                                X