This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Japher
    Though I love M. Pittman... Fresno State!

No Pittmans, Carrs or Dilfers this year.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Japher: I noticed how you totally ignored the last statement. The truth hurts, huh?

Michael Vick will never be great in my eyes until he can beat our defense. For all the accolades he's been given, we killed him twice last year and we'll do it again in two weeks.
      CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
      Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
      Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
      Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jac de Molay

Gimme a break What is this? The XFL?
        It sure looked like it when that punt hit ex-XFL player Rod Smart in the head!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jac de Molay
          He did seem to struggle with passing a bit in the early game. But even the ones where he off he was absolutely gunning the ball, and a lot of them were throwing on the run/across his body.
          It doesn't matter how accurately the balls are thrown. His recievers were getting hammered because the defenders knew exaclty where the ball was going from the snap. All the defenders had to do was read Vick's eyes.

Comment

• Michael Vick will never be great in my eyes until he can beat our defense.

Why does he have to do it? If Reeves actually pretends to be a good coach, all he'll do is run Duckett up the middle 25 times in the game and wear down the Tampa D so the opponent goes hog wild in the 4th Q as has happened so many times this year .

It doesn't matter how accurately the balls are thrown. His recievers were getting hammered because the defenders knew exaclty where the ball was going from the snap. All the defenders had to do was read Vick's eyes.

So wait, the defenders knew EXACTLY where the ball was going from Vick's hand from the snap of the ball and yet they only had 1 INT and allowed Vick to complete 16 passes for 179 yards? Are you saying Carolina's D is that bad?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Japher: I noticed how you totally ignored the last statement. The truth hurts, huh?

Michael Vick will never be great in my eyes until he can beat our defense. For all the accolades he's been given, we killed him twice last year and we'll do it again in two weeks.
              Wow!!! The Superbowl winning defense, the best defense in the league schooled Vick in his second year, first year as a starter! Surprise, surpise! How many other QBs did your D school? What about Favre? Does he suck, even though Sapp has his number? Basing a player on how they fair against one team, for one year, is hardly a reason to dismiss all his other accomplishment and abilities. I have no doubt that Vick would of been able to over come the brute force which is the TB D given enough experience and time, and possibly some blockers. Yet, we will never see since your guys like to get sidelined.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

• but he still has an arm. You can't deny he's a good player. But the hype is way out of proportion.

Comment

• But the hype is way out of proportion.
                  Not denying that, but you can't make the claim that Rush made.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

• I have no doubt that Vick would of been able to over come the brute force which is the TB D given enough experience and time, and possibly some blockers.

Blockers . That'd be a luxury .

But the hype is way out of proportion.

That depends... on where he ends up. If he turns into a Hall of Famer (and it sure looks like it now), then the hype was justified, right.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      So wait, the defenders knew EXACTLY where the ball was going from Vick's hand from the snap of the ball and yet they only had 1 INT and allowed Vick to complete 16 passes for 179 yards? Are you saying Carolina's D is that bad?
                      How many times did Atlanta's recievers get nailed just as the ball touched their hands? That's why they only caught 16 of his passes. Carolina's D was average. They should have gotten more picks. Their offense is pretty bad though. I mean the Atlanta defense sucks pretty bad.

Comment

• Here's an interesting stat about the AFC South:

Out of 30 weeks there has been an AFC South, Colts have been the leader for 28 of them

Comment

• How many times did Atlanta's recievers get nailed just as the ball touched their hands?

You are usually going to get nailed when you make a pass in the middle of the field. And that is mainly a dump off reciever because the line is so shoddy, he'll get sacked in a second.

Besides, Carolina is one of the best defenses in the league (you can look it up), so it is a given that they'll nail the recievers hard.

Vick wasn't a bad passer at all last year. As he grows he'll completion % will only grow. But if he was as bad at telegraphing as you said, there would be no way he'd able to get almost 3,000 yards passing last year. No way.

Comment

How many times did Atlanta's recievers get nailed just as the ball touched their hands?

You are usually going to get nailed when you make a pass in the middle of the field. And that is mainly a dump off reciever because the line is so shoddy, he'll get sacked in a second.
                            You have a point about the line, but in general he looks at one reciever and either throws to him or runs. He never looks at the rest of the recievers. The defense can play that reciever and watch for the run. They don't have to worry about the other recievers. I thought Carolina played it well, but could have done better. I grant you that he is amazingly fast.

Comment

• in general he looks at one reciever and either throws to him or runs. He never looks at the rest of the recievers

Well if he does that then he ends up completing a lot of passes to people who would be considered 'check-down' recivers for someone who locks on. It is one reason why Dunn had plenty of receptions last year... and many of those plays he definetly wasn't the primary reciever.

Comment

in general he looks at one reciever and either throws to him or runs. He never looks at the rest of the recievers

Well if he does that then he ends up completing a lot of passes to people who would be considered 'check-down' recivers for someone who locks on. It is one reason why Dunn had plenty of receptions last year... and many of those plays he definetly wasn't the primary reciever.
                                Maybe it has to do with his style of play, but I think defenses are going to start adapting to his style and he will do worse instead of better.

Comment

Working...
                                X