Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cowboys are a decent team- they have a good, fast defense anyway.

It's just that Rush Limbaugh lit a fire under McNabb's ass and they've won like...what..8 in a row now? I thought McNair would be Mvp this year, but they have to give it to McNabb, who's playing supernatural football this year.
    "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jac de Molay
      The cowboys are a decent team- they have a good, fast defense anyway.

It's just that Rush Limbaugh lit a fire under McNabb's ass and they've won like...what..8 in a row now? I thought McNair would be Mvp this year, but they have to give it to McNabb, who's playing supernatural football this year.
      Well the Cowboys have a hole in their secondary right now by the name of Mario Edwards whom the Eagles toasted yesterday.

Rush Limbaugh has had nothing to do with McNabb's success this year. First of all, the Eagles had already won 3 or 4 in a row when those comments were made. McNabb's early season struggles were due to an injured hand and a lack of creative play-calling by the coach. McNabb's hand healed and Andy Reid has opened the offense up a bit by allowing McNabb to do more of what he did best in college - play action. And their 3-headed rushing attack doesn't hurt either. They even had all three on the field late in the game yesterday in a wishbone formation. Maybe we'll see some more of that...

Eagles - Patriots SuperBowl this year fellas.

Comment

• So, we learned a few things yesterday...

1. If Brett Favre is in the stadium, the Bears will suck.

2. Seattle really sucks on the road.

3. The Giants suck in an underachieving way.

4. Miami sucks when Wannstedt has too much time to think.

5. Michael Vick does not suck.

6. But Carolina might.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• 5. Michael Vick does not suck.
          Yeah, but ESPN didn't have to treat him coming back like it was the Second Coming or something. Got real annoying real fast.
          "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

• It's just that Rush Limbaugh lit a fire under McNabb's ass and they've won like...what..8 in a row now? I thought McNair would be Mvp this year, but they have to give it to McNabb, who's playing supernatural football this year.

More and more I'm thinking it was a conspiracy concocted by Rush and McNabb in order to get McNabb's name in the spotlight and give him a push for MVP when their run happened .

Then again, he still is overrated .

Yeah, but ESPN didn't have to treat him coming back like it was the Second Coming or something.

But... he is .

What an amazing game by Vick. After watching it, I wonder if the Falcons may have had a chance at the playoffs if he hadn't gotten hurt... which would have been quite a feat seeing as how horribly they've been playing this year.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
              So, we learned a few things yesterday...

5. Michael Vick does not suck.

6. But Carolina might.
              Overall he does suck. He only looks at one reciever. Carolina defense was reading him perfectly the whole game. Yes, he's fast, but other than that he sucks.

Carolinas offense might suck though.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Generating 310 yards of offense after coming back from an season-long injury does not meet the criteria for suckiness

Comment

Generating 310 yards of offense after coming back from an season-long injury does not meet the criteria for suckiness
                  That's less than 200 passing. He did break one running. Well, maybe he doesn't exactly suck, but he's way overrated.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Yeah, but ESPN didn't have to treat him coming back like it was the Second Coming or something. Got real annoying real fast.
                    That's why they invented the Mute button.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Exactly, Jac. 141 yards rushing combined with 160+ yards of passing definetly does not qualify as sucking, especially with the crap around him on the Falcons.

He is, quite simply, the most exciting and one of the better players in the league.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• For those of you who thought the Saints were just going to further our humiliation: HA-HA, try again. Tampa's not going down without a fight and the playoffs are still not out of the question, if not a likely scenario.

-- Dallas ain't all it's cracked up to be.

-- Seattle has to go on the road two more times.

-- Green Bay has two road games in warm weather and a home game against a team used to cold.

-- Houston is picking the wrong time to come to town with no QB.

-- Michael Vick is our b*tch.

A pipe dream? Maybe. But a guy can dream, right?
                        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Vick is awesome, 'nough said. Though I do agree that ESPN has a tendancy to blow things out of proportion, or at least talk up one player or team to such an extent that a pissses you off if you are the other team or just hate that team.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

• For those of you who thought the Saints were just going to further our humiliation: HA-HA, try again. Tampa's not going down without a fight and the playoffs are still not out of the question, if not a likely scenario.

Sorry, the playoffs are totally unlikely . Even if Tampa runs the table, a 9-7 team ain't making the NFC playoffs... unless we are talking about the NFC North division champion .

Comment

• Dallas ain't all it's cracked up to be.
                              Still a lot better than last year, and has the ability to suprise.

Seattle has to go on the road two more times.
                              One against the Niners... hahaha!

-- Green Bay has two road games in warm weather and a home game against a team used to cold.
                              They still have Green and Favre is on a streak right now.

Houston is picking the wrong time to come to town with no QB.
                              SO?

Tampa is out, too many injuries. Though I love M. Pittman... Fresno State!
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit

That's why they invented the Mute button.
                                It wasn't just that. It was the cheeky pregame clips showing him with those cheerleaders or whatever saying "I'm Back".

Gimme a break What is this? The XFL?

He did seem to struggle with passing a bit in the early game. But even the ones where he off he was absolutely gunning the ball, and a lot of them were throwing on the run/across his body.

Comment

Working...
                                X