This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn realignment.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnT
      I am going to be out of town for the next three weeks. I have already made my picks for this week, but might be unable to make my picks for the following weeks.* If so, may I implore upon Reismark to, if this does happen and I miss my picks for the week after next, make my selections for me. My picks (if done this way) should be All Home Teams.
      Hm, maybe we can ask someone to fill in for you for those two weeks?

Maybe Frozzy would be interested.

Comment

• I could do it.
        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
        Drake Tungsten
        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
        Albert Speer

Comment

• Are you not affiliated with a team, Monolith?

Comment

• why is it William Green (RB of the Browns) had to surrender his home to the woman who stabbed him in the back- literally? I assume he's paying for it, though I could be wrong.

Comment

• normally I like parity, but both superbowl teams not making the playoffs? Me no likey. I really thought the Bucs would pull through in the second half of the season (as they have the last few years) and maybe get a wildcard. Not going to happend. I knew Oakland was toast a long time ago.

Well I knew the Oakland coach wasn't good (yes even last year I didn't like him). But maybe Gruden isn't as good as we thought he was.

Comment

• Couldn't believe the Bucs lost to J'ville. Glad I wasn't making confidence picks on that game...

Apparently, it takes more than a couple weeks to purge the Keyshawn poison from the system...
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• NYJ isn't out of it mathematically, but miracles need to start occuring.

Exactly. There is NO WAY they sneak past Indy and either Miami or Cin/Bal.

normally I like parity, but both superbowl teams not making the playoffs? Me no likey.

Wasn't too much of a surprise. While many were saying the Bucs could be a dynasty, the lack of a running game has really doomed them. Also the D has been no where near as dominant because teams finally began to figure them out, as tend to happens when your DTs go on a downward slide (especially Sapp).

Oakland was just too old. Everyone knew that either last year or this year was going to be a final hurrah. The wheels finally fell off the wagon.l

But maybe Gruden isn't as good as we thought he was.

He isn't. He's overhyped. People loved to jump on him as the 'boy genius', but personally I'd pick Jeff Fischer over him (as young good head coach).
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I used to be a big Shanahan supporter. I used to think that guy was genious as well. But since Elway left, he has led some average to above average teams, but nothing great.

I'm on the Billechek bandwagon now . He is coach of the year imho.

Comment

• At least write his name correctly then (Belichick)

In other news, this is the logo for Super Bowl 39:

Comment

• I used to be a big Shanahan supporter. I used to think that guy was genious as well. But since Elway left, he has led some average to above average teams, but nothing great.

Shanahan is a good coach, but a bad GM. That's the same problem as Holmgren had. Look at Seattle now that Holmgren has an actual GM and isn't picking his players.

I'm on the Billechek bandwagon now

Same thing as the previous point. Look what a great GM can get you. Belichick is a great defensive coordinator, but before NE he was a bad head coach. I want to see how he's doing in 5 years before I call him one of the best coaches in the NFL.

Of course the best coach in the NFL is Parcells. Lewis looks like he'll be in the running for Coach of the Year, but don't discount Brian Billick's chances. Andy Reid deserves great props for turning that Eagle team around from the beginning of the year.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Vermeil is doing well too.

Comment

• Maybe Frozzy would be interested.
                            Sure, I wouldn't mind. Up to John though...

Comment

• John just left for the week, though... I think,

Comment

• Originally posted by Zopperoni

You cannot be serious.

KC is on 11-1, NE is on 10-2, TEN and IND are on 9-3. These four teams will all finish with an equal or better record than NYJ (in NYJ's best-case-scenario). At least one more playoff berth would have to come from the AFC North, which leaves at most one playoff berth.

NYJ is on 5-7, which is worse than MIA (8-4), CIN/BAL (7-5) and DEN (also 7-5), and equal with BUF and HOU.

NYJ isn't out of it mathematically, but miracles need to start occuring.
                                Not to mention that Cincinnati and Baltimore play each other this week (likely the winner will take the AFC North) The Jets would have to win out, and Miami, the CIN/BAL loser, and Denver could win at the most 5 games between them; so you can just about stick a Fork in the Jets; they are almost done. (medium rare)
                                * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                                * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                                * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                                * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Working...
                                X