No announcement yet.

Saving Jessica Lynch- next Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait until it shows up as a tuesday late night (early morning) film on one of the minor channels in sweden 4-5 years from now. Right after a rerun of Walker, texas ranger!

Comment

Might watch it just for its comedy value (this doesn't mean that I find the real incident "funny", but I surely will laugh at the very liberal "interpretation" of the same that will be shown on tv)...
      DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Will she be naked in the show?
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

i know slowwy won't see this for a while.

the reason why this movie is **** is not because of her, but because it's another blatant attempt to garner ratings and cash in on someone else's pain and suffering.

shades of that damn elizabeth smart movie. it disgusts me.
          B♭3

Comment

All Jessica Lynch did was get into a car crash and get captured my Iraq troops. The people who actually did stuff to save the lifes of people get ignored while POWs get all the attention.

I Think it will be stupid movie and I am not watching it.
            Donate to the American Red Cross.
            Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Q Cubed is right. It's not Jessicas fault that the upcoming story might be little modified to suit the purpose. But there are some facts, that still holds. She was captured, she was wounded, and she was in short combat.
              It is not the important part when considering her performance if she really didn't crawl 100 meters to get two handguns after shot in the leg and opened fire to attackgin enemy killing 20 of them. Most likely she didn't fire a single shot. Most likely if she did, it was in the air and not even closed to be considered aimed shot. But so what? She was in a combat anyway, and did combat. That's something rare people can say they have done, and survived to tell about it.

Also, what ever happened with the stories about the whole releasing thing, it's not her fault for how it happened. It happened, and that's the most important thing. Even if the Iraqi soldiers/doctors didn't beat the living crap out of her everyday, that should NOT diminish her performance in any level.

Besides, the US needs heroes now, that they can give a real face. It's a great opportunity to take this chance. So you modify the story little bit.. I guess that irritates lots of people, and there will be artistic freedoms to be taken place but.. I think we should focus on bashing the directors etc after seeing how it really was made, but we shouldn't bash Jessica. She's not to blame.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                Q Cubed is right. It's not Jessicas fault that the upcoming story might be little modified to suit the purpose. But there are some facts, that still holds. She was captured, she was wounded, and she was in short combat.
                It is not the important part when considering her performance if she really didn't crawl 100 meters to get two handguns after shot in the leg and opened fire to attackgin enemy killing 20 of them. Most likely she didn't fire a single shot. Most likely if she did, it was in the air and not even closed to be considered aimed shot. But so what? She was in a combat anyway, and did combat. That's something rare people can say they have done, and survived to tell about it.

Also, what ever happened with the stories about the whole releasing thing, it's not her fault for how it happened. It happened, and that's the most important thing. Even if the Iraqi soldiers/doctors didn't beat the living crap out of her everyday, that should NOT diminish her performance in any level.

Besides, the US needs heroes now, that they can give a real face. It's a great opportunity to take this chance. So you modify the story little bit.. I guess that irritates lots of people, and there will be artistic freedoms to be taken place but.. I think we should focus on bashing the directors etc after seeing how it really was made, but we shouldn't bash Jessica. She's not to blame.
                When ever they make a tv movie out of some event they always change it to make it more entertaining. This is nothing new and has been going on for a long time.
                Donate to the American Red Cross.
                Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                  i know slowwy won't see this for a while.

the reason why this movie is **** is not because of her, but because it's another blatant attempt to garner ratings and cash in on someone else's pain and suffering.

shades of that damn elizabeth smart movie. it disgusts me.
                  agreed...
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sure.. But we shouldn't diminish Jessicas performance if the tv movie is kind of.. out of reality and goes too far.
                    That could easily happen, like 'Jessica didn't do that' 'Jessica did that' but more like 'the makers of this film made this scene completely wrong'... something like that.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

i know they'll change facts. it's a well-known law of adaptations.

that does not change the fact that this is a transparent effort to cash in and appear patriotic based off of someone else's suffering.
                      B♭3

Comment

The main reason I will not view the Jessica Lynch movie isn't because I dislike the young woman. It's because the war and ongoing post-war situation in Iraq is much, much more than saving the life of a single, female, POW.

It's great that they saved her (and I think "her" is why there's so much attention ... if it'd been a male, the media coverage would have been much less intense). But, hey, we've had men and women over there killed. They're the ones that really gave it their all, and made the ultimate sacrifice.

Gatekeeper
                        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

If Mark Bowden* or someone like him was involved in making the script, it might be a very good TV drama. But I doubt anything from this war will be retold in a neutral, accurate and still dramatized way.

*Author of Blackhawk Down
                          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Interesting fact:

Theres a new game out called "FSOMETHING: Operation Iraqi Freedom".
                            Are YOU planning on buying it?
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_www
                              All Jessica Lynch did was get into a car crash and get captured my Iraq troops. The people who actually did stuff to save the lifes of people get ignored while POWs get all the attention.
                              It wasn't a car crash, her Humvee was RPG'd and drove into a wall as a result. Lynch wasn't "wounded" because the company's First Sergeant and SP4 Piestewa's bodies, along with the Humvee itself, absorbed the blast damage and fragments.

And yes, POW's get a lot of attention, because there's not many of them, and the potential results of being taken prisoner (or attempting to surrender) generally go from real bad to real worse. PFC Lynch was very "lucky" in that respect.

And yes, there should be more attention paid to the at least 9 Marine KIA's and their brethren who diverted from their original mission in support of other heavily engaged Marines (at the north end of Nassiriya) to try to reach the 507th Maint. Company personnel and extract them. Those Marines saved a lot of Army asses, becaue most of the 507th Maint. Co. was able to back the hell out of Dodge with cover from the Marines.

I Think it will be stupid movie and I am not watching it.
                              Agreed.
                              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

don't know about that game. i do know that sony got slammed for copyrighting "shock and awe" as a title for a future video game that they've wisely decided not to make.
                                B♭3

Comment

Working...
                                X