How expensive is pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How expensive is pool

And yes I mean pool where you swim in, AND pool table, where you play pool. Regular bar size, not the big ones.. Maybe get that light thing too with it that hangs above it.. nice balls and sticks.

Then, how much swimming pools are about? Size.. hmm.. I don't know, I know when I see it, but I'm throwing some numbers out of my head, let's say.. nothing very big but nothing too small either.. a moderate size pool, a nice pool outside.. maybe even ~100 square meter? Or little less? Shaped like I want to, not just square.. unless I want it that way.. maybe some nice steps in it.. you know, cool pool. How much these are about? What kind of figures we are talking about? In the US naturally. YOu see, I want these both. I just need to know how much they cost.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Ah also how expensive is maintaining the swimming pool? What about jacuzzi? I'm thinking about building a nice backyard.. pool and jacuzzi.. late at night you can be in the warm jacuzzi. What about air conditioning in the house? Give me some rough estimates.
    What is a nice place to live? I need it to be moderately safe, good place for kids meaning good school district and safe for them too? The prices of the houses are not the most expensive, and you get more bang for your buck? Nice friendly atmosphere, and maybe a good sports team near, NHL or NFL will do?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

An olympic size swimming pool is 50 metres long, I don't know how wide they are. Public swimming pools are usually only 25 metres, though. If you're talking about a pool in somebody's garden then it obviously depends on how rich the person is. FWIW the pool my girlfriend has is about 12x5 metres I think (don't quote me on that, I've never measured it.)

A In a pub or bar in England it will usually cost between and 50p and 80p (I saw a place where they cost £1 once, though: that's crazy) for one frame of pool on a pool table. Some places have old tables where you can jam the mechanism with a paper clip to get infinite free games, but there aren't many around these days.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

No not that big.. normal pool in next to your house, but not too small. A nice pool.

And I mean the cost of buying the table . Not playing it.

Also I appreciate if the place has good sport opportunities and hobbies.. I like hiking, snowboarding the most. I don't like humidity or very hot weather. But not cold.. I don't want to get something where its always cold or dark, that's a big no no.
        For snowboarding I can drive a little so that's no problem if they are reasonably accessable. Or if that's not an opportunity, I can live with it if it's otherwise nice place. Hiking would be nice though.
        In da butt.

Comment

To buy a pool table yourself should cost between $600 and $1000
          See this PDF document for some useful info: http://i.b5z.net/i/u/273940/f/Guide_...ool_tables.pdf

Comment

between that range? That's ok I guess.. what about the balls and sticks and the light thing? Does it come with it, or just the table?
            In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
              No not that big.. normal pool in next to your house, but not too small. A nice pool.
              I made an edit about my g/f's pool. It's a good size for both swimming and messing about it with friends. I don't know how much it cost, but can ask her if you like (it'll be UK prices anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                between that range? That's ok I guess.. what about the balls and sticks and the light thing? Does it come with it, or just the table?
                It will come with the balls and a couple of *ahem* cues (not sticks ), but almost certainly not the light.

For more info: www.google.com

Comment

Frustrated Poet, That sounds about right size to me. But I don't really need UK prices.. . I know how much they cost here and it's very expensive.. but you see the only real option here is to build it inside the house so it gets expensive.. with the winter and all that.. and if you build it outside, you really need to be careful with the land.. it freezes up in the winter and it can crack the pool because the land moves a bit when warming and freezing all the time going from extreme to another.. and you'd need to cover it up also, and couldn't swim in it that much.. and they're expensive so I'm looking for guestimates in the US.
                  In da butt.

Comment

Yeah, sorry, cues Does it come with the manual?

.. only kidding
                    In da butt.

Comment

Pekka - if you are planning to come to the US, don't get a pool built at your current house

However, an outdoor pool is certainly viable in the US, especially in the more southern regions.

Comment

Yes I want outdoor pool. That's what I'm talking about. Then I can invite you all to BBQ party and we all have fun. You can say how you want your meat made and hang about by the pool, or participate in the sauna bathing contest! How can stay the longest at 100 Celsius. Then I make everyone drinks.
                        In da butt.

Comment

And if you bring kids, that's ok too. They can swim too and have non-alcohol drinks. They can watch cartoons and disney movies if they are smaller, or maybe Jim Carrey movie. They can also play with my dog, and what ever.. For older kids, or little ones too, they can play console games.. but you just have to clear them for GTA3, it's violent game. I can make them something nice to eat, or just order pizzas.. So we can enjoy the more adult side of the party.
                          In da butt.

Comment

Pekka -- reading your posts is like reading " The Secret Life of Walter Mitty"-- stream of consciousness all the way.
                            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Well I just wanted all you to know, that I need to know how much that pool costs. Priority number on is not to host parties for you, sorry. But it's up there... it's like priority number 3. That's pretty high.

PS. if you want to party longer, that's ok too. YOu can sleep at my house, but if you have kids I make you only light drinks and order you a taxi, or give a lift to hotel or something. Kids gets antsy when they have to stay when it's late you see..
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X