Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skywalker
    Not necessarily.

Oh, and Fez, he meant too little force for the occupation, not to defeat the Iraqis.
    Umm... I think it is enough.

Look... I think my own government (Spain) should have at least 10,000 troops in Iraq... we have only 2,500 currently station there. Majority is in Najaf, where we are in charge.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

how badly does this affect us? both appearance-wise and material-wise?
      B♭3

Comment

Even Rummy now admits this is gonna be a "long, hard slog." Not in public though.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
          Big bad Wolfie is the chicken choker most responsible for the "we can whup 'em with one hand tied behind our backs then everyone will throw flowers in our path and be grateful and we'll have no problems" nonsense that led to us going in with too little force, and virtually no real plan for occupation.
          Once again - as far as i can tell, he HAD a plan, it was vetoed. Wolfie aint responsible for the admin being split and the man at the top not being able to make everybody play the same music.

And I would like you to quote me where he said wed have no problems.

Part of what went wrong is that they expected WORSE problems - not looting, but starvation, and a refugee crisis. Thats why they had Gardner initially. When that didnt happen the locals expected things to get better REALLY fast, and theyve been disillusioned.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS

Yep, showing a distinct lack of cojones there - but then if I were getting f***ed up the ass on a daily basis, I'd want it to stop too...
            sorry to disappoint you, but the vast majority of americans realize the seriousness of what we're trying to do, and are resolved to win.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              Even Rummy now admits this is gonna be a "long, hard slog." Not in public though.
              He defined slog on TV... it is not in the context commie/liberals were putting it in.

This definition:

slog:

To strike with heavy blows. (dictionary.com)
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                My 11-EEE Corcorans have proved useful in the administration of "gentle guidance" on occasion. I don't see us there much later than early 2005, though. In the meantime, another hundred thousand "guidance counselors" would be useful. Take the ****ing Sunni triangle apart to the last brick, one town at a time, and clear out all the weapons caches, *******s, hiding places, etc.

hey - didnt you read the TITLE of this thread? The guy killed, the deputy mayor of Iraq, WAS sunni arab. as are thousand of iraqi police, local council people etc. THOSE are the guys with Cojones, and they are the one putting their lives on the line every day to rebuild THEIR country.

Imran is RIGHT - they need our support - THEY being the people of IRaq striving for a new life, NOT the terrosists and - yes - dead enders among them who worship death and want to deny the others a new life.

Imran - salaam.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                  sorry to disappoint you, but the vast majority of americans realize the seriousness of what we're trying to do, and are resolved to win.
                  Did you take this quote from 1965?
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Fez

Umm... I think it is enough.

Look... I think my own government (Spain) should have at least 10,000 troops in Iraq... we have only 2,500 currently station there. Majority is in Najaf, where we are in charge.
                    a couple of months ago the brass was saying that more troops wouldnt help - not enough intel leads to follow - according to todays WaPo some officer in baghdad says they now have leads out the wazoo, more than they can follow up on - so yes, more troops would help now.

Comment

I think the Indians might be the ones that will help the US out in this situation.. they can send up to 35,000 I heard.... and since the US got that UN resolution passed regarding troop deployments, India might be willing.

I really hope Spain sends more though.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Did you take this quote from 1965?
                        No, i composed it myself.

Still counting on this to be Viet Nam? Keep waiting.

heres a quote for you.

"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." Winston Churchill

Comment

Are we sure this killing isn't related to maffia-like activities? The terrorists aren't the only killers around you know...
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                          X