Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FP moves to Korea. Farewell and request for advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Seeker left for Canada definitely, or is he just having a vacation?
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

it would be impossible for you to get a teaching visa without a diploma.

If Korea is anything like China, in this case I would advise simply "manufacturing" a diploma (I used to hire teachers). No administrator or government official could possibly be bothered to actually read the diploma, much less contact the institution to verify graduation. On top of that, most who look at the diploma probably cannot read English anyway.

Use a nice font!
      Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

korea's better than china.
        B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
          Besides, they know we're a couple and have given us a shared apartment
          Since you're getting a shared apartment, you should have demanded more pay.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by connorkimbro
            they've got an outback steakhouse somewhere in itaewon, don't they? how about there?
            I've been to that Outback, come to think of it I have a shirt from that one. Don't buy the Outback shirts, they are 6 sizes smaller then their label suggests.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
              Did Seeker left for Canada definitely, or is he just having a vacation?
              He's back there now. He might come back to Korea after a while or not. His last boss was a real *****. There are soooooooooo many bad bosses here.

If Korea is anything like China, in this case I would advise simply "manufacturing" a diploma (I used to hire teachers).
              That used to be the case, but the Korean government has started checking them at least some of the time so I wouldn't advise doing this.

Since you're getting a shared apartment, you should have demanded more pay.
              Oooooh, I forgot about this. You should get at least another 100,000 won/month housing bonus each for getting a shared apartment. You're definately getting the shaft as far as pay from what I can see.

GF: All shirts are like that in Korea at least. I got a large-size "Be the Reds" shirt and I'm not a big guy but the thing looks like its been plastered to my chest when I wear it. Haven't been able to find a x-large Be the Reds shirt though
              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                korea's better than china.
                Might be true, but Chinese are more attractive.

I think you can make more teaching English here. Sounds like the pay is about the same, but I think the cost of living is substantially lower here.

And, it's hard to put a price tag on being surrounded by an inexhaustable supply of sexy Chinese men ...
                Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

Might be true, but Chinese are more attractive.

nah, you're wrong there too.
                  B♭3

Comment

I think you can make more teaching English here.
                    Not really. I'm saving about $1,000/month and I go through a whole lot of cash on the weekends.

And Koreans are definately more attractive
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

oh, one thing i forgot to mention.

if you ever go drinking with your superior, hold your glass with two hands if they are pouring for you; pour with two hands if you're doing it for them.

do not drink the shot facing them; you're supposed to turn your head away as a sign of respect.
                      B♭3

Comment

And when you drink with your equals?
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

when that's the case, you don't have to turn away. elders don't have to turn away from juniors, and equals don't turn away from each other.
                          B♭3

Comment

thought I'd add these two, they've from a Japanese strip but they seem to apply nearly as well to Korea.

hmmmm, my hair is even starting to look like that....
                            Attached Files
                            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

and this
                              Attached Files
                              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

the art looks like the same art jack chick draws.
                                B♭3

Comment

Working...
                                X