No announcement yet.

That burning ring of fire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The temperature is going up i think because of the greenhouse effect.

Good luck to all of you...if that was happening to me, I'd probably have already been one of the ones Gatekeeper listed as "heart attack"
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

The haze has covered the sun now. The sky is turning to yellowish - gray -orange color. The fire is now burning 8 miles away. I dont know which way its burning though. If someone knows, could you please tell us? My suitemates and I are glued to our TV.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Go ahead and get one of you to start packing--just to be safe at least.
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

My roomie's friend lives a half mile from UCSD. He's been told to get ready to evacuate. The sky is getting darker in the south and the east.

Heres picts from a webcame
          Welcome to Expect Nothing! We filter the news from around the internet and world for you. Are you ready to expect nothing?

Here's a map. THe star indicates where the fire is burning about 30 minute ago. At the bottom left where it says La Jolla Blv is where I am.

"Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

With the winds, the dry stuff on the ground, etc., MCAS Miramar, Sycamore Canyon (the 52 freeway west of 805 until it hits 5 and becomes Ardath road), Tecolote Canyon, Mt. Soledad, etc, this could easily get down almost to the ocean - at least into the fringe of the coastal areas of SD.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I think I'll be safe...
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Yeah, you'll just have a lot of company down there.
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

The sky to the north is now dark. That's a bad sign.

Comment

It's not a good sign, but it's getting dark everywhere.

We're 30 miles south, not downwind at all, but it's like sunset here - dull orange sun, and everything to the north is greyed out. People with asthma or any kind of respiratory problems are going to have hell to pay.

Comment

Yep...A red sun like those old videos from GulfWarI w/ the burning oil fields...
                      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                        The sky to the north is now dark. That's a bad sign.
                        Begin to pack the things you value most. It is unlikely the fire goes that far into the city, but you cannot be sure.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Yeah, I have a slight asthma, and for the first time in like 10 years I had to take a hit off of my friends inhaler. I'll bet the air quality is **** around here. Towards the west, its really weird because it will get dark and then it will clear a bit, but the sun is always covered and its like this red orange glow through the common area's windows.

Comment

For me it's more like an annoyance....My car is ass-ugly.

Comment

I'm not in the city bro. I'm north of La Jolla, which is a rich suburb north of SD. Its not dense at all, and there is lots of open space a grass around.

Comment

A couple of more fires have started in the north. San Diego is now almost surrounded by fires. 760 KFM is giving good coverage on the fires with listeners calling in on cell phones and ties ins with other news sources. A small plane just crashed near Montgomery field to add more confusion. This is not a good day for San Diego. Much of their equipment was sent north to the fires in San Bernardino and they're just starting to get some of it back. Hot embers blow quite a distance from the main fires and start new ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X