X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, OK...
    Attached Files
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
      Windows Classic is so much better.
      Right on!
      Attached Files

Comment

Luddites
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

XP scheme is UGLY.

I just wish Classic actually was exactly like normal windows (scheme). It's just a little bit different, noticeably.

Comment

Ixnay has the coolest wallpaper. Ever.
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Zop ... what is that winamp skin? I want it.
              Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
              Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                Luddites
                A Luddite would run DOS or something

I don't want/need all the eye candy. I switched off all the special effects in Windows, and of the icons in my tray, only the bottom two load with Windows.

Funny enough, I "raced" a colleague of mine on Windows startup time today.
                His laptop is a Pentium-M 1.3 GHz with 512 MB RAM and all the eye-candy enabled, and mine is P3 600 MHz with 256 MB RAM and all the eye-candy disabled.

Mine booted slightly faster.

Comment

Probably because laptop HDs are far slower than desktop HDs, and that makes the most difference by far in Windows bootup.

You should see how fast my new rig starts up with RAID0 (~100MB/s actual sustained read speeds) starts up.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Grrr
                    Zop ... what is that winamp skin? I want it.
                    Here you go:

(Note: it's a Winamp 3 skin, but I'm running it on Winamp 5 beta.)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      Probably because laptop HDs are far slower than desktop HDs, and that makes the most difference by far in Windows bootup.
                      Uhm, they were both laptops, his laptop versus mine.

Comment

Do you often have these 'my willy is larger than yours' contests?
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Asher what version of MSN are you using?

Here's my desktop

I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                            Do you often have these 'my willy is larger than yours' contests?
                            Nah, our cross-link connection wasn't working, so we decided to both reboot, and that's when the idea came to see which one was faster.

However, I sometimes do these "contests" it with people who've recently bought a new laptop and installed piles of junk on it, to show them what a difference effective resource utilization can make.

Comment

You're welcome to go 'tete-a-tete' with my system anyday
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba
                                The genitalia of doom.:P
                                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X