Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one disappoited by iTunes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one disappoited by iTunes?

The title says it all. I downloaded the program hoping to get some Gothic and some 80s music. Very little of what I wanted was actually available. Who exactly does Apple have agreements with? Are my tastes really that obscure?
    - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
    - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
    - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Am I the only one disappoited by iTunes?
    Not at all.

I'm sure the Windows 2000 users were disappointed when iTunes caused their system to BSOD on boot.

Personally, I'm disappointed in that they still haven't figured out how to sell to Canada, they still only sell it in the AAC format which only iTunes and Apple's iPod can play (useless), and the program itself is bloaty and slow.

Don't see the big deal.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I was disappointed when it wouldn't install on my Windows ME machine. :doitnow:
      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

What's iTunes?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Personally, I'm disappointed in that they still haven't figured out how to sell to Canada,
          Canada? They use that metric system right?
          I run it on XP and it works great. Just don't have enough of the music I want.
          - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
          - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
          - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

It's a program full of music not according to specific taste? That's the stupidest product I've heard of in quite a while. Why did you go and buy something like that?

Comment

iTunes is Apple's bloaty media player and storefront for the iTunes music store.

You pay to download crippled music from a narrow selection that only work on Apple products, basically.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Z, keep up, will you? You buy individual songs.

I just have iTunes so I can hear 30 second snips from some favorite songs I haven't heard in a while... I haven't bought anything off it. Personally, I'm waiting for the NEW Napster, which will basically be iTunes in Windows Media format, IIRC.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

People who listen to single unmixed "tunes" are sketch, anyway

Comment

and how do they deliver the tunes? Surely customers aren't willing to wait 6-8 weeks for a single song to be delivered to their front doors.

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
                        and how do they deliver the tunes? Surely customers aren't willing to wait 6-8 weeks for a single song to be delivered to their front doors.
                        Steve Jobs couriers them in his private jet.

He'll even suck you off if he sees a PowerMac G5 on your desk.

Comment

thanks, smartass. seriously - regular post is like 4-6 weeks at best, commercially. why would you wait that long for a single? What a ridiculous product, sorry.

Comment

Obviously the music is downloaded.

Comment

Hook, line, and sinker!

OH, BECAUSE MOST OF US ARE ALREADY DOING THAT FOR FREE

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Working...
                              X