X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pekka
    Well you suck then! Canada = Racist!

Just kidding

Looks like I have to establish my own country. I'll need to come up with a name and constitution. And a flag (can't have any red in it, even if it symbols blood) and my own money. Who wants to join? Free citizenship for Poly members! We can use english as the official language and... make pot legal, so we can actually get some of you to join. Then hmmm.. what else.. I guess that's it.

Oh yeah, and we have our own fries... the POWER fries. And the POWER burgers. Who's with me!
    Hahaha POWER burgers

Comment

VetLegion, sure.. the US is obviously all about freedom because of the freedom fries thing.. and my country is all about POWER.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Pekka, I've decided. I sign up

I don't want a position either. I choose to be a common man, a footsoldier.

I'm just a peaceful guy who wants to be left alone while enjoying his POWER fries. That's all.

Comment

Re: Canadian green cards?

So what do you think? Any ways for a guy like me to sneak in?
          Hm.

You can get married to a Canadian woman, invest in the country, or have some company desperately trying to hire you.

Or you could try to sneak into the US from Mexican borders and claim asylum (just say that you are oppressed by evil Eurocomms )
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Re: Re: Canadian green cards?

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Hm.

You can get married to a Canadian woman, invest in the country, or have some company desperately trying to hire you.

Or you could try to sneak into the US from Mexican borders and claim asylum (just say that you are oppressed by evil Eurocomms )
            I think you need to invest at least $500,000 Canadian Dollars.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I don't know the details.

What you need to do is to hire a bunch of Canadians for several years.
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

VetLegion, what ever you wish. If you change your mind, there are some great positions open. How about embassador? You can pick any country, we don't have them yet.

pchang, well I have 10 euros.. that's about the same, right?
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Auch, I was always under the impression that it was very easy to get into Canada?
                  Did things change or was it always this difficult?

Damn, another option through the window..First Aussie land and now this..
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

alva,

It has always been that way for decades, since the 70's I believe. Anyway, you can always try the normal route, by counting your points. You'd need something good though, probaly an advanced degree like a Ph.D., and some skills they can really use.

I heard that NZ is still quite easy to enter, but nobody wants to go there anway.

Comment

Yeah, you guys are all clearly anti-immigrant and blame Europe for being tough. Phhah!
                      In da butt.

Comment

Yeah, you guys are all clearly anti-immigrant and blame Europe for being tough. Phhah!
                        Hey, don't count me in there.

Comment

UR, you are refering to Australia and not to Canada right?

We did the (aussie) point thing once but came up a few short. We would have ended up in the reserve basket at which point we said "thank you very much ".

No one here has a sister (Aussie) interested in a fake marriage?
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                            UR, you are refering to Australia and not to Canada right?
                            Nope, Canada.

But if you prefer Ozland, you can probably get an NZ passport. Australia is just a stone's throw away.

Comment

Working...
                            X