Canadian green cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian green cards?

Is it difficult to get a green card, or working permit in Candada? I was just wondering because after consulting few folks here, they said at these times I'm most likely turned down if I apply for one in the US because of things I've explained earlier. So I figure I should try Canada also because I kind of like that too.

So what do you think? Any ways for a guy like me to sneak in?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Bring a six-pack to the interview and you'll have no problem
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Remember to say that you love three things: Canadian beer, the band Rush, and Canadian hocky and Wayne Gretsky.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

But I do love hockey and Gretzky was my idol for many years, and I still hold him in a high place in my heart. I'm a hockey fanatic. I love Canadian mountains. And Canadian women. But who am I kidding, I love all women (btw I had a date today, but she called it off.. god damn "#"¤#/)&#).

I just figure I need to get myself there, Canada is my second choice so.. I'm happy if I can accomplish that. I'm just skeptic that they'll let me in... after all, I did inhale.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Pekka here ???

Lock up your daughters
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

You might want to try Canada before moving to the U.S. They have a little more sunlight, a little less cold, and are less of a welfare state than you're used to, but pot is legal there.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Flubber, yeah about that other thread, you know I was only kidding, right?

che, Yeah I guess that would be cool check point before going to the top. Suits me.. and about pot, I don't smoke pot. I don't have a single cell in my body that wants illegal drugs. 'Yeahh riiight that's what they all say druggie!'.
              In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                You might want to try Canada before moving to the U.S. They have a little more sunlight, a little less cold, and are less of a welfare state than you're used to, but pot is legal there.

Not quite on the pot thing . . . There have been rulings questioning the validity of the pot laws but it still sits in the Criminal Code as an offence at the moment.

The movement to decriminalize pot possession would merely take it out of the Criminal Code but you could still be charged with an offence under other new legislation. So you could pay pay a fine but not get a criminal record-- it would be a lot like a traffic violation.
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Canadian immigration and work visas SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!
                  Pekka it is a pain in the ass, expect delays and high $ cost. Also if you are in certain areas and you are offered a job the company has to go through certain guidlines to explain why they are not offering the job to a Canadian citizen. If you get to come to Canada and you decide you want to go visit in the US or back home you will have a HUGE hassle at the border coming back to Canada. I have been here 2 years now and am still not "legal" to work, even with my common law wife(soon to be real wife) being a Canadian citizen I get no breaks. Plus I have to pay $$ just to stay here as a visitor Funny thing is I am a homeowner here and that doesn't even help

Comment

vlad, well that doesn't sound too good. Not exactly a sixpack deal.

Aaaggh.... it would be kind of ironic if I was stuck here forever. I blame the government.
                    In da butt.

Comment

LOL
                      I actually figured as an American with NAFTA and all I could get legal here very quickly, but no luck. I think a few years back they had a big unflux of immigrants and now they are trying to make it tougher for the poor and uneducated to get in, so of course that also makes it harder and more expensive for the normal person to get here. I can't complain though the place I live is beautiful, I do ok with computer work on the side and my wifey has a great government job so we don't starve
                      The BC bud is wonderful as is the clean air, and I don't know about the colder parts of Canada but here it never snows and the women are drop dead beautiful

Comment

Nah, I don't mind if it's lots of work or is expensive.. It's good enough if it's doable. It seems like I can't get in to the US, so that's near impossible for what I've been told.
                        In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by vlad
                          LOL
                          I actually figured as an American with NAFTA and all I could get legal here very quickly, but no luck.
                          Its equally bad for Canadians working in the US. Mrs Flubber is a nurse and worked in Texas. Every 6 months she had to leave the US and "re-enter" to stay legal and they always gave her a hassle. The Mexican border was only a few hours away so it wasn't that far to travel but it just seemed an unnecesary PIA when people are crying out for nurses.

I always wondered what would happen if the US denied her re-entry--

Comment

O)h and Pekka

can you play hockey at a high level ?? If you can you are in . ..

Otherwise .. . get in line .. . a lot of people want to come here

Comment

Flubber, Sure high level for not active player.. I did play hockey very seriously until the age of 16, trained everyday. I still can skate like a wind and play, but I wouldn't be good with people who still play actively. But I can go with sunday players .
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X