Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've created a language too!
    here's a sample:

Kom deg ut og få litt frisk luft før du blir innlagt. Bare kødder, stå på du!
    CSPA

Comment

How's this for a language?

**** you ********

means: "hello."
      B♭3

Comment

You do know you can only use your upload space for civ-related stuff, don't you?
        Ooops...moved to geocities (link changed in first post)

Comment

I feel for you, I do. I too know the hardships of coming out of the conlang closet.
          får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

Comment

Will you also have knights that go 'ni'?

I have a language I have created. It's called sdrawkcab...very easy to learn
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Will you also have knights that go 'ni'?

I have a language I have created. It's called sdrawkcab...very easy to learn
              nOfi.

Translation of your post:
              FAbenil-atAbin ogorOfi nitAnelo tAkinade "ni"-de?

FAban lanagAlo mAkanede. NE Ide bin sadarahukakabAlo...lanAro Ilo isIbin ferinAfi.

Earlier posts updated with vocab and passive voice (is)

Comment

Thanks...next time I am in Inagalasia I'll remember that
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I'm gonna make a pilgrimage to the motherland of Caucasia and learn the whiteman's native tongue.
                  -30-

Comment

I suggest for every word in your language to be "snausages".

Snausages snausages snausages, snausages snausages snausage snausages. Snausages.
                    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Thanks...next time I am in Inagalasia I'll remember that
                      Translation: HapIban Uka (thanks, lit. "I am happy because of you")...renenAbanil satUlo bafe inagalasIni.

Comment

Hi fellow conlanger!
                        I wonder how you would say things like "who/which". Your relatives are only of type "that". There are differences between the various relatives. It's mostly direct/indirect object or subject, but in your case, I miss the subject / direct obejct part:
                        The man who talks (subject)
                        The man that I talk about (indirect object)
                        The man that I see (direct object - difference direct / indirect doesn't show well in English - in French que/dont).
                        Your grammar remains very English. You are just changing the way verbs are treated and the order of the words. Whatare the tenses, for instance? It looks like you have present and past.

If you really want to make a different grammar, check conlangs like all-noun, or lojban. These have quite funny grammars. Mine includes things like no pronoun, relative pronoun usually translated as 'parenthesis' (subject) or a dedicated verb (object), 4 pasts, 4 futures, 2 present tenses. It really requires thinking in a different way to speak in such a tongue, also because there are intentional omissions in the vocabulary (some concepts don't exist in that language). Just ideas.

Beware also that you say all syllabas are CV, but your language name starts with a vowel, so that is not true...
                        Clash of Civilization team member
                        (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                        web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

We'd love to have all of you share your languages on our conlang board, the Zompist phpBB. The more the merrier!

Comment

Hi fellow conlanger!
                            I wonder how you would say things like "who/which". Your relatives are only of type "that". There are differences between the various relatives. It's mostly direct/indirect object or subject, but in your case, I miss the subject / direct obejct part:
                            The man who talks (subject)
                            The man that I talk about (indirect object)
                            The man that I see (direct object - difference direct / indirect doesn't show well in English - in French que/dont).
                            At first I considered making separate ones but decided to keep them all the same. Also, I may be confused but AFAIK all English relatives are the same in regard to their ability to replace different parts of teh sentence...maybe there's some difference between that and which, but I think that may be just prescribed.

Your grammar remains very English. You are just changing the way verbs are treated and the order of the words. Whatare the tenses, for instance? It looks like you have present and past.
                            True, much of the basic things are the same. The tenses are present (unmarked), past (ed), and future (il). All three can also be in perfect or progressive forms. In this respect the language is very much like English.

If you really want to make a different grammar, check conlangs like all-noun, or lojban. These have quite funny grammars. Mine includes things like no pronoun, relative pronoun usually translated as 'parenthesis' (subject) or a dedicated verb (object), 4 pasts, 4 futures, 2 present tenses. It really requires thinking in a different way to speak in such a tongue, also because there are intentional omissions in the vocabulary (some concepts don't exist in that language). Just ideas.
                            I intended for this language to at least be somewhat realistic as a real language, though I'm pretty sure having postpositions and yet having modifiers follow heads is very contradictory syntactically. A language of all nouns is, simply, inhuman. Some of your other ideas though do sound nice.

Beware also that you say all syllabas are CV, but your language name starts with a vowel, so that is not true...
                            Well, technically that's true, but in every linguistic description I've seen it's assumed that the given syllable structure is the most complex that is allowed and that all simpler structures are also present.

We'd love to have all of you share your languages on our conlang board, the Zompist phpBB. The more the merrier!
                            Registering right now, I've been interested in this sort of thing ever since I took a linguistics class over the summer!
                            Last edited by civman2000; October 24, 2003, 21:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                              My reccomendation: Go outside more. Get a life.
                              You know what's funny about that get a life stuff? When people spend their lives telling others to get a life for doing something that interests them and actually uses their intellect.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
                                Maybe you should invest your time in trying to learn one of the many languages of the world that is going extinct as we speak.
                                Dumbass. Maybe he can't get to anywhere where he could do that? Did that thought ever cross your mind, you ignorarius!

We just like creating our own languages, if you think that's stupid, then just leave us alone.

:leaves:
                                “Fate is like a caged Gorilla. It will pelt you with dung if you mock it.”
                                --Warriv, Lut Gholein, Diablo II

Comment

Working...
                                X