$320-$360
    8.82%
    $360-$400
    5.88%
    Not on this range
    11.76%
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

this is per person

and what came as a bit of a shock to me is what I ahve been paying recently

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Groceries + lunch at work come to maybe 750 million Turkish Lira, which is about $500. Divided by 3, that's $167 per person. That doesn't include dining out, but it does include alcohol. I'm going to miss living in a Third World country.
      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I didn't include alcohol in my estimates

well, I did include some alcohol but not others ($47 bottle of whiskey I did not consider food)

Jonj Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Actually, (drinkable) hard liquor is absurdly expensive in Turkey, so I didn't include that either. Just beer/wine.
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

$80-$120 as the least amount?

...and you're talking per person?

I guess that's about the amount this household pays together (2 people in the early 20s)... ok, maybe a little more, but not much...
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
              $80-$120 as the least amount?

...and you're talking per person?

I guess that's about the amount this household pays together (2 people in the early 20s)... ok, maybe a little more, but not much...
              For an entire month? Do you live off Kraft dinner or something?
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I spend at least $360-$400 per month (actually, it's closer to $500-$550 per month)...and there's only the 2 of us (with our cats of course).

Oh well, at least we eat good!
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Bit hard to calculate since I eat ridiculously cheaply during the week (especially at korean prices where you can buy a whole small raw chicken for under $3 and usually getting free dinners at work) but then blow a good bit at a nice restaurant during the weekend, (anything non-korean is ridiculously expensive) and then I've got to take into account how date spending works since I end up covering over half of the costs but not that much more than half...
                  A bit over $160 I'm guessing.
                  Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Definitely over $300, more when the occasional restaurant meals are included.
                    I've paid my dues, have some money, eat well, and don't apologize for it.

I good food!
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

but see Wittlich that is for 2 of you

so it is not bad

this is per person per month

I am still happy to see one person spending more than I

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

and I use to spend even more

I have tried to be cheaper the last two months

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
                          For an entire month? Do you live off Kraft dinner or something?

Nope... I actually think we keep buying expensive food...

...though this might have to do with the fact a couple times a month I end up eating by my parents... nice to have some free food from time to time

And we actually often eats expensive food like Pizza... but even though we don't pay that much a month... or maybe it's just because we don't keep track on everything, but by doing a quick calculation on what we have spent the last month, it doesn't seem to be that much...
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                            And we actually often eats expensive food like Pizza...

Even really good pizza is pretty cheap. Dinner for 3 at my favorite (French) restaurant runs close to $200.
                            And it's worth it.

Note: I did NOT include restaurant dinners in my quick cost calc.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I haven't spent much more (per person) than 50 ever

Jon Miller
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                              X