Michael Moore's Awful Truth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Moore's Awful Truth

Well.. I've now checked out pretty much all his materials. I know this fellow has been debated here a lot, but I'd like to bring out the tv-series of his. Never mind the shockumentaries, though made with quality and thought, it had some methods that I believe is not part of real documentary making that is unbiased.

So, that's not the issue, what do you think of this tv show? Personally, I think it's pretty good. It's more moderate IMO, and it certainly does bring good things, at least some of them are pretty good to bring out and show what's going on. Plus I think it's more correct than biased in this series.

My favourites include the sodomobile, which they took all around the states that made gay things illegal. Then they saw that priest fellow who is super anti-gay, Phelps or something like that, you know who I'm talking about and they battled.. that was pretty good.

Also the Disney episode was pretty good, for the workers that is, I think it's not a surprise that they manufacture stuff in Asia, but the conditions of the workers in the US were not ok..

But the one where they put their teeth on UPS and they had that funny character going after them, Sal something, like a fat Italian guy in a suit, with the accent and attitude . It was so funny.. So what do you think about these?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

The one where he entered a pot plant into an election was good. Especially when the pot plant won.
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

where is this tv show on tv?

Comment

I don't know.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

They show it over here
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

TV Nation was better, as nothing beats the "Johns of Justice".
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

good shows... very funny...
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Great reality-based humour with a sick twist. Like when he announced a national championship in excecutions, which was basically a fight between the Bush brothers in texas and Florida. Then he came with a chairleader team and marching band to show off among the demonstrators outside an excecution prison.

Or when he encountered a British manager at the hotel that had reported hispanic maids to the immigration autorities because they had tried to start a union and found out the Brit had no green card.
                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I've only seen one or two shows. Really liked when he started a wallet exchange program for blacks. It turned out that many a black man had been shot as police officers had thought the wallets in their hands where a gun. The people could exchange their dark wallets with organe ones that was easier to see.

Comment

sounds like bull**** to me.

Why would black men go around with their wallets in their hands? No one walks around the street with their wallet in their hands. Their wallet is in their pockets.

More bull**** from Moore about how all the black men are being killed by cops even though they are innocent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                      sounds like bull**** to me.

Why would black men go around with their wallets in their hands? No one walks around the street with their wallet in their hands. Their wallet is in their pockets.

More bull**** from Moore about how all the black men are being killed by cops even though they are innocent.
                      Just a guess, but it'd probably be while they where geting their wallet out to show the cop their license or ID.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

maybe they should wear the id on a clip on their shirts

Comment

See Oswelds guess, it was other things than wallets too.

Comment

That's one of those things that is trademark for the show.. cruel jokes. But they are kind of funny though, even if you don't particulary like the guy. At leat I found myself laughing many times.
                            In da butt.

Comment

Has every fan of Michael Moore read the hard report that his latest documentary is a cut and paste lie on numerous accounts?

Comment

Working...
                              X