No announcement yet.

Fox + Stupid Euro Women = Joe Millionaire 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****ing Fox. I hate "reality TV." It shines the spotlight on the basest elements of human nature.

It would be fine, since I have no intention of watching the show, but I end up seeing the promo a million times while I'm trying to watch the World Series. ****in' A! Well, that's what the remote is for...

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I really don't mind.. because it's clear these women are just opportunists, wanting the money. So I see nothing wrong when they find out there is no money. It's not like they'll marry the guy.

I'm ok with Euro bashing, if it gets higher ratings, no problem. As long as it stays in the limits of good fun and little nasty jokes and stereotypes, and nto go totally overboard.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
        I really don't mind.. because it's clear these women are just opportunists, wanting the money. So I see nothing wrong when they find out there is no money.
        Eh, Fox deceives these women to boost their own ratings. This is despicable.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

So what? The women deceives the men that they like/love them, so they can get access to their money?
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Well sure I see your point, and it's my opinion about this being ok is not strong. I just don't mind this, but I understand if it gets shut down.
            In da butt.

Comment

Sounds like fun. Btw I do not think it meets the definition of fraud in most jurisdictions.

Personally I'm looking forward to a show on ATV starting next spring, the title translates roughly into "America's dumbest Americans".
              “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

I would watch these shows if they had nudity- of the girls.

But what other reason is there to watch this show?

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                  Eh, Fox deceives these women to boost their own ratings. This is despicable.
                  The women are equally deceptive and despicable. They deserve it.
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                    The women deceives the men that they like/love them, so they can get access to their money?
                    Well, I am not going to pass a judgement on the women yet. Granted, some women love only money, though many others see money as an added "attaction," so to speak.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

UR, they're gold diggers! I find the whole premise of the show despicable, but I've zero sympathy for the women on it. They signed on to get rich. Besides, I don't actually believe they don't know it's a scam.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Added attraction? Why would they go and fight about some dude with 19 competitors, on tv??? Could it be, that they are in it for the money, or could it be that they really really want to know this guy!?

I think it's the other way around.... if they happen to like the guy, that's a bonus. If not, then what the hell he's a millionaire and it's time to spend spend spend..
                        In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by HershOstropoler
                          Sounds like fun. Btw I do not think it meets the definition of fraud in most jurisdictions.

Personally I'm looking forward to a show on ATV starting next spring, the title translates roughly into "America's dumbest Americans".
                          There's so many choices to pick from. I'm sure the producers won't manage to even get close to the bottom of the barrel.
                          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Rumor has it that they are going to do JM III in africa and when the woman find out that Joe only makes 15K a year, they're going to scream, "HE IS RICH".

Seriously though, they could probably stage a JM III in Asia. I doubt many people here know about it. I don't know if they would want to do a show with non-Caucasian ladies, though.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I think they are sending JM I on a Swedish thrash TV channel now. I saw the trailer for the first time last night, in the commercial breaks of a CLint Eastwood movie. There were only 4 girls left, so it has probably been going for a while. They where real babes and the guy was a hunk, but it's still too thrashy for me to watch.
                              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Christmann

I don't get it, are there really people who haven't heard of Joe Millionaire?
                                Even if they haven't, who the hell participates in something like that without even googling it first?
                                Sure they can google " joe Millionaire" but I doubt they are told that that is the name of the show . They could give it some harmless sounding name like the dozen shows of this type and even do it through a production company with no obvious ( to the public) ties to FOX. The only reason they would need people that have not seen the show is

1. if the hosts would be the same OR
                                2. they might catch on when great wealth is claimed

But wasn't one of the "Bachelor"'s a rich guy ?? Stimk rich does not necessarily mean a fake-out on these shows

Are the women told ahead of time that the guy is stinky rich ??. . . I thought the premise was that they go on this show and THEN are told of all this wealth . . .
                                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                                X