Fox + Stupid Euro Women = Joe Millionaire 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox + Stupid Euro Women = Joe Millionaire 2

I'm not certain what reaffirms my "faith" in humanity more -- that Fox thought they could get away with this again, or that they found enough women to let them get away with this again.

From some blog or other:

FOX Rules Again - The Next Joe Millionaire
    Joe Millionaire

I am sooo looking forward to this. For those who don't remember, the premise of the first one was that they took a guy, an "Average Joe" construction worker - salary about $18k, flew him out to a chatteau in France and matched him up with 20 women who had the chance to woo him. Thing is, the ladies were told that "Joe" had actually recently inherited $50million or some similar amount - total BS. The ladies were eliminated episode by episode, survivor style, until the final one was chosen and told the truth.

Classic entertainment, and FOX did a great job with the production to add to the entertainment value. It was a complete laugh.

Well, how can you repeat the act? Easy, move the whole show to Europe, and find a bunch of Euro-birds who've never heard of the thing!

Close-up on good-looking blonde with French accent: "...e'z filthy RICH!"

Voice-over: "Does anyone know how to say, 'Sucker' in French?"

Bwahahaha!

This is gonna be good.

Listen, TV can't be all documentaries.
    They're playing commercials for this now.

I'm so glad I don't watch tv anymore.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

I was just going to post this yesterday!

They are sooo playing up the anti-Euro sentiment with this show

I saw the previews

"The Italian, the Dane, and....the girl from Germany that EVERYBODY hates!"

damnnnnnn

In all fairness Eurocoms your joe millionaire women look way hotter than their american counterparts
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The guy they found for Joe Millionaire 2 is actually cute this time around...
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

"I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Meet The New 'Joe Millionaire'

It's out with the old "Joe" and in with the new. David Smith, a rodeo cowboy from Texas, stars in "The Next Joe Millionaire: An International Affair," the second installment of the reality series.

On the show, the ladies vying for his southern charm and affection believe Smith is worth a whopping $80 million. Producers had to take the search for contestants overseas because of the challenge of finding American women who hadn't seen the first "Joe Millionaire" with Evan Marriott, aka 'underwear model guy.'

---------------------------------------------------------
          Did David ever strip down for the camera? Was he ever an underwear model?
          Watch video

(For those who don't want to bother with the videoclip: No he didn't and no he wasn't.)
          ---------------------------------------------------------

Should viewers expect an international catfight among the beauties? Access Hollywood's Nancy O'Dell asked David about the European women competing for his heart.

"They are beautiful -- what a cast of girls," said David. "I'm not a model, I'm not an actor, I'm just some cowboy who had to charm these 14 beautiful women and it's like, 'Man, I'm not Tom Cruise, I'm not Brad Pitt..."

But to these women he was a Pitt/Cruise. In reality, David's a 24-year-old cowboy who was discovered at a rodeo. He earns $11,000 per year and still says "Yes ma'am." As "The Next Joe Millionaire," he's an oil tycoon. Let the drilling begin!

"So did you find true love?" asked Nancy.

"I definitely made some connections -- a lot of connections. Whether they liked me after the lie is what this show's about," David replied.

"Are you ready for the attention that's going to come from you being on this show?" asked Nancy.

"If I said I was I'd be lying. I know it's going to come and people are going to say stuff, but I don't know what to expect," said David.

"Any skeletons in your closet?" asked Nancy.

"I might have a Halloween costume that may have a skeleton on it, I don't know," joked David.

"The Next Joe Millionaire: An International Affair" airs Mondays at 8 p.m. on FOX.
          Attached Files

Comment

And the shirtless pic...
            Attached Files

Comment

Ok, enough superficial sh!t. Personally, I can't stand "Reality TV" that takes the form of duping stupid people into doing stupid things. They can all rot in Hell for all I care.

Comment

I think the participants will win some money though. I don't think this kind of practice is tolerated in European (or at least French) law.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

i wasn't aware the first one had ended.
                  B♭3

Comment

Well, how can you repeat the act? Easy, move the whole show to Europe, and find a bunch of Euro-birds who've never heard of the thing!
                    I don't get it, are there really people who haven't heard of Joe Millionaire?
                    Even if they haven't, who the hell participates in something like that without even googling it first?
                    The rivers shall run to the sea,
                    While shadows shall move across the valleys of mountains,
                    While the heavens shall nourish the stars,
                    Always shall your honor and your name and your fame endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Christmann
                      I don't get it, are there really people who haven't heard of Joe Millionaire?
                      I never heard of Joe Millionaire before this thread.
                      Even if they haven't, who the hell participates in something like that without even googling it first?
                      1. Anybody who wants to be in the TV like the "stars" of European reality TV
                      2. Anybody who hasn't the reflexes of the average internet geek.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I had heard about Joe Millionare about ten times allready, BUT I had never heard what is it about. So just went with the assumption that the guy actually is a millionaire.

Comment

My wife and daughter made me watch it last night.
                          Yes, the women look much better than their american counterparts did. What they lack in brains is yet to be confirmed but if the first show was any indication.......
                          It does seems that FOX will take advantage of this to do a little EURO bashing. I'm sure it will do good in the ratings.

Rumor has it that they are going to do JM III in africa and when the woman find out that Joe only makes 15K a year, they're going to scream, "HE IS RICH".
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Isn't that called fraud?
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

it's fox. since when have their television shows cared what was moral or not?
                              B♭3

Comment

Working...
                              X