Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Nazi Plan To Bomb New York

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    but new yourk was and is the financial center of the US, economicaly the damage would have been tremendous
    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

    Comment


    • #17
      Why didn't they try to hit Washington instead?
      Oh wait the British had already done that.

      Comment


      • #18
        Not very related to the topic, but it keeps amazing me how advanced Nazis were.. I'm glad they were stopped, I wonder what would have happened if they would have lasted let's say few years more.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
          I do live pretty close to Osaka, you know. Was as thoroughly levelled in the war as Stuttgart was.
          So, I guess you understand war is real nasty.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

          Comment


          • #20
            So, I guess you understand war is real nasty.


            Not really. I wouldn't be so arrogant as to claim to understand the horrors of WWII simply because I've seen what a city rebuilt from rubble looks like 50 years later.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
              Not really. I wouldn't be so arrogant as to claim to understand the horrors of WWII simply because I've seen what a city rebuilt from rubble looks like 50 years later.
              I would be supposed to insert a witty comment, but since I have no wits, here's the lame answer. If you decide to live in leveled Osaka after having lived a few years in history-laden Nara, you'll really experience the traces of war's destructiveness even 60 years after. You may even be wondering about how it felt for the locals to have their whole city, neighbours, friends being progressively totaled. You won't understand the horrors of WW2 for sure, but you'll have somehow touched directly a real place of war, of real dirty, cowardly war.

              Now I'm not saying the Japanese were saints. They were infinetly more cruel than the Yanks, and equally cowardly when it came to massacre defenseless people. I'm saying war is nasty, and you get to approach this nastiness when you live in a leveled city.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Chemical Ollie


                Ballistic missiles do not care about air defense systems. Not in WW2 at least. How many V2s were shot down by the Brits?
                Read the article. It refers to attempts by the Germans to build a bomber, not a rocket, capable of reaching New York.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

                Comment


                • #23
                  The Germans had high altitude bombers that could fly above the highest altitude of a defensive air. If the Germans could have developed bombers like these with intercontinental range, they could have bombed New York with impunity. The B52 was just such a bomber. It was developed only a few years after the war. So I think it was technically feasible for the Germans to develop their own B52, but they ran out of time.
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Ned
                    The Germans had high altitude bombers that could fly above the highest altitude of a defensive air. If the Germans could have developed bombers like these with intercontinental range, they could have bombed New York with impunity. The B52 was just such a bomber. It was developed only a few years after the war. So I think it was technically feasible for the Germans to develop their own B52, but they ran out of time.
                    The B29 was already in production, so why would they have had to wait? The B29 could have reached N.Y. from Germany, and it's maximum altitude exceeded that of most fighters. Such a flight would have beem one way of course, and you also have to consider that bombing from >30,000 feet even for American bombers was rather inaccurate. Even Hitler might have had the sanity to understand that the benefit from such a practice was far outweighed by its cost.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      This episode examines a diabolical plan devised to strike back at the United States during World War II.
                      I hate hypocrisy like this. When WE bomb them its all good and well, but if THEY bomb us, its "diabolical."

                      Actually I agree it was diabolical. So is all bombing aimed at killing masses of civilians, including when we did it.
                      Good = Love, Love = Good
                      Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        The Nazis had a policy of not using gchemical or biological weapons on allied cities because they knew the Allies controlled the skies and they were afraid of the Allied counter attack. I can only guess this would apply to radiological weapons as well.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Ah, the luxury of peace is being able to nitpick previous generations to death from the quietude of a home, apartment, or dorm room.
                          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

                          "Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            We travel to Germany and uncover the secret labs and factories where the "Amerika Bombers" were being designed, tested and constructed.


                            Any programme that translates "Bomber" but doesn't translate "America" from German is mindless inflammatory sensationalistic tripe.
                            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              was it the japanese or the germans that had a bomber that fitter into a submarine?
                              :-p

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Zero
                                was it the japanese or the germans that had a bomber that fitter into a submarine?
                                The Japanese. They had a plan to bomb the Panama canal using submarine launched bombers.
                                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X