No announcement yet.

Videogames combat phobias!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I no longer fear giant demons, imps, repitilian-like aliens, military robots, or the illuminati. My life is so much better now.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
      One problem to this kind of approach: I have acrophobia while playing video games. I cant stand having to see my character fall off a height thats tens times higher than his height
      even mario?

Comment

I no longer fear death.
        -30-

Comment

WTH is the pause button? I need to stop and think about the strategical situation of life and decide what I'm going to do.
          American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
          I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
          Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
          XGalaga.

Comment

Originally posted by The Viceroy

I did have a face mask on, and it still stung like hell.
            what kind of face mask? usually if a mask you shouldnt feel anything under 800 fps. Im pretty sure for paintball anything over 340fps is illegal to use in arenas so it shouldnt have been too bad if you were wearing a decent face mask.
            :-p

Comment

Dude, those things hurt like HE11 if they don't break when they hit you.
              -30-

Comment

Sure, the hurt like HE11, but do the hurt as much as an agiel wielded by a Mord-Sith?

Edit: Found a better page to link to.
                Last edited by geeslaka; October 19, 2003, 04:36.
                American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                XGalaga.

Comment

how about fears of not getting plus one's due to a games related thread being posted on Off topic instead of other games? Is there a cure?
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I have a fear of certain social situations, what game can I play to fix that?

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                      So does Civ do anything?
                      It causes you to lose your fear of seeing the world dominated by an all-powerful late capitalist democracy.
                      Very useful for some folks around here.
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                        I have a fear of certain social situations, what game can I play to fix that?
                        Ones involving drinking.

Social situations are easy - I just look for someplace to sit and then try to look as inconspicuous as possible to avoid any unwanted human contact.
                        -30-

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark, but edited by Tassadar

It causes you to lose your fear of seeing the world dominated by an all-powerful late communist democracy.
                          Very useful for some folks around here.
                          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

What about my fear of crates? HOW WILL VIDEO GAMES SAVE ME FROM THE CRATES OH GOD THE CRATES AAAAGGH

Comment

Heh, STC ratings.

I miss Old Man Murray.
                              -30-

Comment

Working...
                              X