Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
    Nah, he's just a gay man
    True Datajack - after all, IMO cats are cleaner than dogs and much easier to take care of. But jeez, I need to set a limit on how many kitties are going to share my life!

I have a policy: Once Lucca dies (and with his age, he shouldn't have much longer to live), he is dead - one down, a few more to go. Actually, I would love to eventually get back to just 2 cats...but since I currently have them all (or I should say they have me), I have an obligation to them. But NO MORE new cats! The "Inn" is all ready too full!

Comment

I like cats. Unfortunately I've become very allergic and my last one nearly killed me.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
        I like cats. Unfortunately I've become very allergic and my last one nearly killed me.
        Knife? Gun? It's all one big plot!
        cIV list: cheats
        Now watch this drive!

Comment

True Datajack - after all, IMO cats are cleaner than dogs and much easier to take care of. But jeez, I need to set a limit on how many kitties are going to share my life!

Maybe you shouldn't name your cats after RPG of the 90's characters

Cats are indeed cleaner, but they also use their tongues as asswipe - they are pretty useful in cold winters, anyway
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

TCO wanted some more info on my current arrangement of my "pride," so here it is:

With my 4 cats and 2 soon to arrive, I have 5 litter boxes located downstairs by the garage enterance. They are arranged under the stairs so that the cats don't drag litter all over the house. I clean out the litter boxes once a day - though I can leave for the weekend and they'll be fine, just rather full when I get home again.

What next? Ah yes. Feeding. They have to bowls of dry food which is always full (I add to it about every 3rd day). I feed them 1 can of moist cat food in the morning when I get up and 1 can in the evening (at 5PM). Yes, one can split into seperate bowls - it's just a couple bites each, but they like it), besides most of their nurishment comes from the dry food.

EDIT: I forgot about "watering." I have a filtered kitty water fountain (electric) in the kitchen for their liquid needs. (available at petsmart.com at around $50.00 ) I fill up the 1 liter reserve every 3 days - yes, my cats go through the water, which is actually a good thing (clean kidneys).

All 4 of my cats get along (though Sissy loves to hunt Gabby - which she doesn't like). Of course, with the 2 additional cats soon to arrive - we'll see how the personalities work out...

Though we live in basically a 1100 sq ft house, space isn't a problem...of course, there is always a full bed at night.

Most people who come to visit don't realize that we have 4 cats (2 of them hide from strangers). Plus I must add, that there isn't any cat "smell" in our home either. We have all the cats fixed and we keep the litter boxes clean.
            Last edited by Wittlich; October 16, 2003, 22:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
              Cats are indeed cleaner, but they also use their tongues as asswipe
              And dogs don't?
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Our two cats are Hobbes and Julius.

Julius was completely declawed as a kitten and everyone always told me to make sure not to let him outside as he would get hurt.

Sure enough, he snuck outside one day and was attacked by a stray cat with claws.

However, he apparently had no idea that "no claws" was a disadvantage and promptly flipped the larger stray cat on its back and held its neck in a choke hold with his mouth until it mewed for mercy.

I don't worry about him much anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich

And dogs don't?
                  No, their tounges go *cough* somewhere else *cough*
                  cIV list: cheats
                  Now watch this drive!

Comment

Ghengis, glad to hear that Julius was able to fend off the stray cat ... but remember: Because Julius doesn't have front claws, he cannot climb any trees (to get away from a stray dog - or any other wild./stray animal)...so if I were you, I would still keep him inside the house.
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

We have the half dozen cats and the two doggies.
                      You've seen them
                      Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Comment

but no britney barbie

what an incomplete household
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Comment

i know i know

i would be embarressed too
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I decided not to declaw them. I love them more than my $3000 sofa.
                              Put a cover on the couch if that's a problem. Even a sheet will do the trick. I think cats need the sense of digging their claws into something and an unprotected couch is a nice target, but a slippery sheet, even though they can get their claws through to the couch, defeats the need to claw.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Your kitties are still under a year, though? Spraying usually doesn't start until they are about a year old.
                                Our latest, Chew Toy (got the name because when we found him at about two months old, a neighborhood dog in that area had used him for one, leaving three abscessed open wounds over his shoulders) is four months now, and he's trying to figure the spray hardware out - raising the tail and muscle contractions, but nothing coming out (yet). This behavior of course has earned his huevos an accelerated date with a scalpel.

Our six are all "outdoors," except Velociraptor, who has his own private quarters in what was intended to be the maid's quarters. He has window access to the other five, but stresses out less and tries to kill the other cats less when they don't get in his face to socialize.

The "outdoors" part is quoted because they're inside very high, unclimbable stone walls with strategically located bird block netting to prevent any possibility of escape. They also have overhead shelter and several areas where they're semi-enclosed, but they have the equivalent of a decent sized back yard area to run amok or loll in, according to their whims.

All are fixed except for Chew Toy, and his huevos are due to meet their fate soon.
                                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                                X