Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rugby World Cup 2003 - The Rugby Widows Weep!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by finbar
    Oh! So petit Henri's as brainless as Austin? Good grief. Let's hope they don't breed.

You are very naughty with Austin, I don't think he can be that brainless.

I gather she thought very highly of you, but in the end, she opted for his petiteness. Oh, and his money.

*itching to get his mitts on his Petit Ophrys*
    ... petitesse,

... or the grosseur of something else.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak
      Mind you France didn’t respect the ‘Auld Alliance’ with Scotland much last weekend did they?
      Sport is a healthy exception to this rule.

England commit an on field penalty offence and the result of the pool is proposed to be artificially changed. It so ludicrous it would be laughable if it wasn’t true.
      It is ludicrous... I guess this is the best reason why they are able to do it.

But the fundamental point remains an on field penalty offence cannot reverse the result of a game in disciplinary committee – it makes a mockery of the game of Rugby. Consider a final where NZ have won by two clear tries but do the same – and on appeal France are awarded the final – how ludicrous is it?
      Ah, ah! There can be 22 Kiwis on the field... it won't change anything we would show them what it means to be a forward and beat them anyway.

Must grab my red coat and head home now, so toodle pip and chocks way old boys.
      Salut!
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Let's hope they don't breed.
        Unfortunately, Henri as already started.

I suspect him to have such a low IQ that he revels in family life like a pig in a pool of mud.

I gather she thought very highly of you...
        Bah! There is nothing I could have done with her, she is so clean she has never smoked anything and never will. :dreadlocks:

I wonder if they are reaching a double figure if you add their IQ. May be their children will help... provided they breed a lot.

Comment

Well rest easy – it is starting to look like the points deduction is being seriously considered. The entire SH should be ashamed of itself if it has to defeat teams off the field like this.
          I'm with the rest of the world who doesn't hold a British passport - we are all hoping the disciplinary hearing on England's extra man misdemeanour against Samoa will result in the right decision – England's expulsion from the World Cup.

I haven't laughed so hard in ages watching the England Samoa game. Confused English players littered all over the paddock, Wilkinson about to burst into tears, Johno getting penalised left right and centre for trying to slow down the mighty Samoans, how fortunate for England that the rag tag Samoan players, not having the fitness of the professionals, ran out of puff for the last 15.

Comment

• Sorry - did you say something?

*edit* a smilie I missed edited back in.
            Last edited by Havak; October 30, 2003, 10:57.
            It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Not in Rugby – though you may be right in terms of historical conflict. Seems like they were over the borders every five minutes then blaming the English for everything going wrong. No change there then.
              I must buy the DVD of that wonderful series about the history of Britain. I recall numerous episodes of England raping Scotland. Poor kilted bastards.

If this is true it has to be – and rightfully so. I have no problem with it. I may utter a little prayer that Walsh gets booted for retaliation too – he won’t be missed for his ‘great’ refereeing that’s for sure.
              You can be assured that everyone except anyone remotely associated with the England team will be totally exonerated while anyone remotely connected with anything Anglo Saxon will be summarily executed. It's a conspiracy against England, y'see.

Frankly though I don’t trust Bowden at all. His neutrality in the incident is hugely in doubt.
              Q.E.D.

Creative writers eh? What should we do with them?
              Tell the fu***ng Producers!

They are completely out matched against you – and you have the ammunition of the rankings to spur the boys on. But you know what – I still sneakily fancy their chances.
              I find it fascinating that the Irish have yet again been ranked ahead of the Wallabies on the basis of their win against Argentina. By one point. Yet we beat them by more than one point. How does that system work?

The fact remains what you paint as a huge strength – straight talking – is also frequently tactless and rude – significant weaknesses.
              I don't paint it as a huge strength. I drew attention to the difference. Obviously, sometimes, boundaries can be crossed, but one knows where one stands.

I am sure you realise it holds your politicians back on the world stage as they don’t conform to the expected niceties
              Our politicians don't belong on the world stage. This is a tin pot backwater. Case closed. (With apologies to A Certain Person)

(remember the royal shoulder squeezer)?
              The Royal Bra-Strap Twanger? God, how I miss him! Instead, we're stuck with this 1950s suburban solicitor who is so far up Bush's lower colon he has Bush's breakfast for breakfast!

I loved having banter with straight talking Aussies out there – but there’s a sizeable proportion who give but cannot themselves take such straight talking. You should have sent the fight when I suggested John Eales was not in fact the second coming.
              Well, blasphemy used to get you burned at the stake. Think yourself lucky.

Plenty of chances around the world for script work surely?
              These days, with email, you can work from anywhere in the world. The problem, amongst other things, is convincing a certain Mrs finbar that her 28 year old daughter is perfectly capable of looking after herself! In fact, come to think of it, Tamerlin seems to be single ... even if he has the odd têtard dotted around the campagne. Mmmmmmm. Tamerlin as a step son-in-law. Still, for all the downsides, there would be an upside - I wouldn't need my Petit Ophrys. I could send it back and get my money back!

Really? Okay. It is hugely hypocritical for the country than imposed Campo and Gregan and Burke (amongst numerous others) on the world to call any other Rugby playing side ‘arrogant’.
              Oh! I see. That's the point you were trying to make. Mmmm. Well, hardly worth it really, was it.

Well rest easy – it is starting to look like the points deduction is being seriously considered. The entire SH should be ashamed of itself if it has to defeat teams off the field like this.
              Yes, well. The entire SH didn't disobey an official and seek to gain an unfair advantage.

England commit an on field penalty offence and the result of the pool is proposed to be artificially changed. It so ludicrous it would be laughable if it wasn’t true.
              Um. See above.

The other thing that bother me is I have watched it again and at no point are XVI men on the field on play. It’s a technical infringement – Tindall is outside the touchlines receiving treatment, Luger comes on and immediately gives away a penalty for entering a ruck from the side. The penalty has not been taken, Tindall walks back on, Luger gets sent packing.
              Having 16 players on the field is an offence punishable by an onfield penalty at the time of the incident. What's being punished - if and when it's punished - is the means by which it happened. As you well know.

Must grab my red coat and head home now, so toodle pip and chocks away old boys.
              Hang on a sec. So if England loses the points - purely hypothetically - what does that mean? They play the All Blacks in the QF? Who would want to be Mr Reddin? Or one of his family? Or even a friend?

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
              "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin

You are very naughty with Austin, I don't think he can be that brainless.
                Think again!
                " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin

I suspect him to have such a low IQ that he revels in family life like a pig in a pool of mud.
                  Mmmm. We have a more colourful version of the expression. I'm sure you do, too.

Bah! There is nothing I could have done with her, she is so clean she has never smoked anything and never will. :dreadlocks:

I wonder if they are reaching a double figure if you add their IQ. May be their children will help... provided they breed a lot.
                  Wow, petit Henri must be a complete and utter minus!

Comment

• Originally posted by Andydog

I'm with the rest of the world who doesn't hold a British passport - we are all hoping the disciplinary hearing on England's extra man misdemeanour against Samoa will result in the right decision – England's expulsion from the World Cup.

I haven't laughed so hard in ages watching the England Samoa game. Confused English players littered all over the paddock, Wilkinson about to burst into tears, Johno getting penalised left right and centre for trying to slow down the mighty Samoans, how fortunate for England that the rag tag Samoan players, not having the fitness of the professionals, ran out of puff for the last 15.
                    Nice one, Andydog. Surely a classic example of objective, unbiased opinion.

Comment

• Well I'm off to a 'working' lunch but I have to say this - why on earth do you assume we are afraid of playing NZ? It's clearly the Wallaby semi we have been trying to avoid after summarily disposing of a team that can't score against 13 men. My Granny (long dead) could see off NZ. Sorry we are supposed to be using surreal humour today right?

*edit* 10K fine and Reddin suspended for 2 games. No explanation as yet.

Still they have clearly wimped out on punishing the guilty officials too.

Microscopes out for the Aussie and NZ games to spot infringements form now on then.
                      It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Well I'm off to a 'working' lunch
                        You mean a p*ss up? Have fun.

*edit* 10K fine and Reddin suspended for 2 games. No explanation as yet.
                        Yep. The team fined 10K, Reddin got the 2 games for sending Luger onto the field. He was cleared of the business with the official in the tunnel.

Microscopes out for the Aussie and NZ games to spot infringements form now on then.
                        Who needs microscopes? England do their cheating in full view.

Oh, and the crowds passed the 1,000,000 figure last night. With the final round of pool matches to go. Quite amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andydog
                          To have so much bad faith in stock this man is either Australian or either New-Zealander.

Havak, they need a lesson... I hope England will give it to them the hard way.

Last edited by Tamerlin; October 30, 2003, 08:47.

Comment

You can be assured that everyone except anyone remotely associated with the England team will be totally exonerated while anyone remotely connected with anything Anglo Saxon will be summarily executed. It's a conspiracy against England, y'see.

Totai Kefu would need a good slap though!

I find it fascinating that the Irish have yet again been ranked ahead of the Wallabies on the basis of their win against Argentina. By one point. Yet we beat them by more than one point. How does that system work?
                            If you have seen the game you also know Argentina could have won and that it couldn't have been considered as a theft.

These days, with email, you can work from anywhere in the world. The problem, amongst other things, is convincing a certain Mrs finbar that her 28 year old daughter is perfectly capable of looking after herself!
                            Don't try to convince her of the contrary there is no way to change that, mothers actually need to look after their offspring whatever the age of their children.

In fact, come to think of it, Tamerlin seems to be single...
                            Yes, I am! I can't stand a girlfriend and a girlfriend can't stand me!

...even if he has the odd têtard dotted around the campagne.
                            One more reason to stay single.

Mmmmmmm. Tamerlin as a step son-in-law. Still, for all the downsides, there would be an upside - I wouldn't need my Petit Ophrys. I could send it back and get my money back!
                            You like to live dangerously.

Comment

• Hmm – nice lunch. Good Ale.

Do not worry Tamerlin. NZ and Australia are terrified of both England and France and it manifests in these attempts to defeat us off the field.

In fact we may not be the only ones they are scared of:
                              "Wales haven't lost a game in this World Cup, their forwards are strong and passionate. They're just like us - they believe in each other and in what they're doing.
                              "Any team can roll over another one, look at Samoa against England or France against us in 1999. That's the great thing about sport."
                              That is Jerry Collins speaking in the forlorn hope there might be someone out there
                              not laughing their ass off at his attempt to talk up Wales.

And someone really ought to take him aside and tell him that Samoa did not actually
                              roll over England.

Yep. The team fined 10K, Reddin got the 2 games for sending Luger onto the
                              field. He was cleared of the business with the official in the tunnel.
                              A fair result.

And to Mr Kefu

Who needs microscopes? England do their cheating in full view.
                              Cast not the first stone…

Comment

That is Jerry Collins speaking in the forlorn hope there might be someone out there not laughing their ass off at his attempt to talk up Wales.

And someone really ought to take him aside and tell him that Samoa did not actually
                                roll over England.
                                That quote you provide of Jerry's contradicts what he was quoted elsewhere as saying. Obviously the pommy journos injecting their typical horse**** into it, as they always do, with no second thought.

This is what he actually said, and bear in mind Jerry has a funny outlook on life:

[on the speculation that Wales will receive a terrible beating by the ABs]
                                "It's easy to be like that when you're watching from home.

"It's always easy to criticise those guys out on the field, but those guys are just like us. We believe in each other and we believe what we're doing.

"A man is not like a mountain, a man comes crumbling down too. If you believe in everything you've got there's no reason why teams can't roll teams.

"That's the great thing about sport, some days you wake up on the right side of the bed and some days you don't."

Comment

Working...
                                X