No announcement yet.

I'm curious . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would give George W. Bush a solid C+ as a president right now. I was expecting more of a B/B- performance at the time of his election. I thought Gore would be around a C+, so I don't consider Bush's 2000 win a victory anymore. However, I think that the post-election win was a victory for the democratic process.

The current field of Dems who actually have a chance is pretty weak, though. I'd say the best are Lieberman and Kerry, whom are probably C+ and C- respectively.

So I supported Bush in 2000, and I will support him again in 2004 unless Lieberman gets nominated and raises my expectations. However, I think that voting "My view never changed -- I always, and still do, support President Bush" would be an overstatement.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Seems like those who oppose President Bush are outnumbering those who support him . . . . .
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

And this is a surprise because...?

In another poll only a few months ago, a full 2/3 of Poly identified themselves as "left of center."
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

How the hell did the most important thread in Apolyton of all time, slip all the way to the fourth page so quickly??
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

[blatant copyright violation]

TELEX TO BUSH :

Please...Please....Please...STOP...

[/blatant copyright violation]

Do the world a favour a vote him out of office ...pretty please...
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              You're being generous. 1 Administration, 0 Diplomacy, but I would up his military to four or five, since he increased spending.

Is it possible to do an war anti-tax?
              The reason that I gave him a mediocre military rating is that whilst he has increased military spending, the value for money has probably got worse. Any idiot can increase spending, but it takes a wise monarch to spend it efficiently, which George III hasn't done.

Comment

Now I'm curious...is there anyone else here besides me who finds himself constitutionally incapable of listening to Bush speak? I simply can't do it. It's not that I don't want to hear what he's saying; I'll happily read transcripts on-line. And it's not that I won't watch his chimp-like visage, though it does unnerve me. I just can't stand to hear him utter a single syllable. This isn't true of other politicians I can't stand, even those I consider to be far more detestable than Bush (Rumsfeld, Tom DeLay, Mitch McConnell, etc.).

Anybody else have this response?
                Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly; October 16, 2003, 03:29.
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                  Now I'm curious...is there anyone else here besides me who finds himself constitutionally incapable of listening to Bush speak? I simply can't do it. It's not that I don't want to hear what he's saying; I'll happily read transcripts on-line. And it's not that I won't watch his chimp-like visage, though it does unnerve me. I just can't stand to hear him utter a single syllable. This isn't true of other politicians I can't stand, even those I consider to be far more detestable than Bush (Rumsfeld, Tom DeLay, Mitch McConnell, etc.).

Anybody else have this response?
                  Mildly yes. Between Bush and Gore the debates were almost unviewable. This made the VP debate between Cheney and Lieberman seem like the height of rational discourse, simply because both were capable of speaking naturally in complete sentences and didn't pathologically belabor their points.
                  He's got the Midas touch.
                  But he touched it too much!
                  Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

sad, isn't it, that our running mates were actually more lucid and easier to listen to...
                    B♭3

Comment

Working...
                    X