No announcement yet.

PS2 to drop to $99?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Modchipped X-Box is worth more than it's $200 (?) price tag. It's extremely versatile. We have one modchipped one here in the apartment and it's a combo stereo/NES/SNES/SEGA/Arcade Console/Movie box rolled into one. You can't get a better gaming experience.
    If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

'cept that its legality is dubious.

then again, so is my ps2 dvd region unlocker.
      B♭3

Comment

DVD regions
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

My roomate ordered the chip from overseas and sodered it to the board himself (he's an engineer). Nobody is going to break our door down to confiscate the X-Box
          If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

i already own 1.5 ps2, 1 gc and 2 xbox. :dontcare:
            :-p

Comment

I bought the original Playstation because of Final Fantasy VII and the PS2 because of Final Fantasy X

Damn them! They release it at 300 $ then drop it to a third of its price one year later (PSone used to cost 450$ in the first month or release)
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                I bought the original Playstation because of Final Fantasy VII and the PS2 because of Final Fantasy X

Damn them! They release it at 300 $ then drop it to a third of its price one year later (PSone used to cost 450$ in the first month or release)
                haha. I got my systems (except for 0.5 ps2) for free. :stilldontcare:
                :-p

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                  PCs still kick console ass.
                  but why not have both?

Comment

I can finally see myself buying a next-gen console. $99 would be a purchase I could see myself making.
                    Exactly my case.
                    DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Playstations suck though. They have crappy games.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
                        haha. I got my systems (except for 0.5 ps2) for free. :stilldontcare:
                        Ditto. And I found more ways to get free stuff from Microsoft . It seems that if you work at anywhere that sells Xbox products you can go to www.xbox.com/retail and sign up to take little quizzes (to make you knowledgeable I guess) and earn points. You can then get free games and merchandise with your points . It takes only about an hour to take all the quizzes and you can get upwards of 9 or 10 free games just for doing it, totally legit. As soon as they arrive, I'm gonna take the new games and trade them for the ones I want over at Game Crazy. That is a sweet deal .
                        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Playstations suck though. They have crappy games.
                          They have ISS7. That's all that matters.
                          "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                          George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                            'cept that its legality is dubious.

then again, so is my ps2 dvd region unlocker.
                            Bah. Nothing illegal at all about hacking around with your own private property. You may not legally be able to redistribute it after hacking (or disseminate the information on how to hack it -- damn DMCA ), but that's a separate issue.
                            "If you doubt that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters would eventually produce the combined works of Shakespeare, consider: it only took 30 billion monkeys and no typewriters." - Unknown

Comment

Nothing illegal at all about hacking around with your own private property.
                              Read the license -- it's not your property, and it certainly is illegal as it breaks the terms of use that you agreed to when you opened the box.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yeah, but for the most part no one is breaking down your door to get your mod chip... though it still is illegal, no doubt.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X