Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else pissed at the new movie "The Alamo"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting..do the producers expect this flick to do well in the overseas markets?
    Oh, and I have not seen the previous, and I will see this film about the same time I see Pearl Harbor.......
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I wonder how many versions of "The Alamo" have been made since the dawn of cinema? Is it possibly the most re-made picture in motion picture history?
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

And they're all Anglophilic in nature . . .

surprises, surprises.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I am sure Frankenstein and dracula are well ahead. Now, if you mean just historical pics, maybe Custer gives it a run for it's money, and that is not even going into non-American film industries. Maybe other states really like to beath their own dead horses.

Comment

Well, Mexico has a film industry. Why don't they make their own version?
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

How the hell should I know why they haven't produced their own version?

Comment

I hope they have the part where Jim Bowie gets carried accross the volunteer line on his bed.

Comment

And no John Wayne in this movie

KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Texans were illegally crossing the border in large numbers

Not true, actually. Mexicans wanted Americans to come into Texas and were inviting them in. Of course the American settlers violated the slave laws.

It seems 'The Alamo' is just about that one battle, with little exposition. However, the TRAILER says it is a true story about what "TWO sides fought for what they believed... protected what they loved... and gave the world a legend".

Looks sweet though .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Wait...Mexicans aren't evil?
                      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                        Well, Mexico has a film industry. Why don't they make their own version?
                        Whom would they cast as a bunch of gringos in the Alamo? It probably is more expensive for them to get enough whites than it is for an American unit to get enough Chicanos. Plus American crews get to examine the actual Aamo withou that whole immigration problem.

Comment

Mexico welcomed white settlers initially -- until white slaveowners decided to come in large numbers, and ignore Mexico's abolishment of slavery.

Comment

Who cares about accuracy, we greased all your gringo Tejas asses anyway.

The Alamo was really about having more balls than brains and waiting 24 hours too long.
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

It is important to realize that the slavery issue was only one. Had the democratic gov. of mexico lasted, then the Texans woud have had a much harder time justifying their actions, specially since a fair number of neighboring Mexicans did join them: the collapse of the democratic gov, and Santa Ana's rise gave the Texans a great motivator for their revolt.

Comment

Mexico welcomed white settlers initially -- until white slaveowners decided to come in large numbers, and ignore Mexico's abolishment of slavery.

The Mexicans never shut off the spigot... and the fighters at the Alamo were mostly all original settlers.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X