Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You can never hear enough of that sickening Pat Robertson...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can never hear enough of that sickening Pat Robertson...

I'm not certain if it's Pat Robertson coming up with the line, or him merely quoting/paraphrasing a line from his guest's book (Joel Mowbray - Dangerous Diplomacy: How the State Department Threatens American Security ). In any case, why isn't he dead yet?

I gleefully remind people that when he said in '98 that the city of Orlando would be stricken by huricanes for it's pro-gay stance (Gay Days festival and such), the first huricane of that season made a direct hit, causing a lot of damage, on Virginia Beach where Robertson is located. Likewise this season, praying Isabela would simply go away, it too struck Virginia Beach.

Patty-boy, that's God calling...you jackass.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

US State Department protests televangelist's nuclear threat
    Thu Oct 9, 3:21 PM ET Add Politics - AFP to My Yahoo!

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The US State Department has lodged a vehement complaint with prominent conservative televangelist Pat Robertson for comments suggesting that its Foggy Bottom headquarters should be destroyed with nuclear weapons, officials said.

Spokesman Richard Boucher called the remarks -- which Robertson made last week on his nationally televised "700 Club" program -- "despicable" and a senior department official said a protest had been made "at the highest level."

"I lack sufficient capabilities to express my disdain," Boucher told reporters when asked about Robertson's comments. "I think the very idea, though, is despicable."

The senior official said Robertson had been made aware of Secretary of State Colin Powell (news - web sites)'s extreme outrage at the tone and content of the remarks.

"That's not the way one expresses an opinion in Washington," the official said, adding that Robertson's conduct had been "outrageous."

Robertson, who has been a frequent critic of the State Department, made the offending comments during an interview with a like-minded critic of US diplomacy, columnist Joel Mowbray, who has written a book entitled "Dangerous Diplomacy: How the State Department Threatens American Security."

"I read your book," Robertson said, according to a transcript of the interview posted on his Christian Broadcasting Network's website (www.cbn.com).

"When you get through, you say, 'If I could just get a nuclear device inside Foggy Bottom, I think that's the answer'," he said.

"I mean, you get through this, and you say, 'We've got to blow that thing up.' I mean, is it as bad as you say?" Robertson asked.

Mowbray responded: "It is."

Mowbray's book accuses the State Department of endangering the security of the United States by allegedly cavorting with sponsors of terrorism, negligence or incompetence in the visa issuance process and ignoring the travails of US citizens abroad.
    Attached Files
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Phelps, Robertson, Chick...

With those people running around in your country with massive followings, how could any of you still complain about John Paul II?
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

JP2 Sux! There. I said it and I'm not sorry.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          JP2 Sux! There. I said it and I'm not sorry.
          Feeling a little guilty Che?

"I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

JPII

to the Pope Mobile!

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi

Feeling a little guilty Che?

ROFLMAO!
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Attached Files
                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
                  EDIT: Why can't Europeans post pictures on 'poly any longer? I've seen several people trying and failing and now it's my turn.
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Aulso Australian residents too, oh Chemical brother..

7OO Club- is that the number of brain cells they all share? Or an aggregate of the i.q.s of the people watching?

I fail to see why bilious sectaries of this type have any credibility. As bad as Fred Niles in Australia and Ian Paisley in Great Britain. Oh, and just to be ecumenical, dear old JPII, as well.
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I gleefully remind people that when he said in '98 that the city of Orlando would be stricken by huricanes for it's pro-gay stance (Gay Days festival and such), the first huricane of that season made a direct hit, causing a lot of damage, on Virginia Beach where Robertson is located. Likewise this season, praying Isabela would simply go away, it too struck Virginia Beach.

Patty-boy, that's God calling...you jackass.
                      But consider what his (and Falwell's) comments tell us about their "god". Their god uses nature to kill the innocent because of the "guilty". And they said 9/11 was a result of God lifting his veil of protection from the USA because of the ACLU and homosexuals. So, does that mean their god wanted 9/11 to happen? Sounds like it, so why would these clowns condemn OBL who, according to their "logic", was merely acting to fulfill god's plan?

Comment

There's an anti-Pat page somewhere on the internet...it quotes him endorsing apartheid, among other things.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I doubt that, but he did defend Charles Taylor claiming they just have different values over there. I didn't know Christianity was so "diverse".

Comment

You do realize that Pat Robertson is a wealthy businessman without a formal connection with any denomination, and that Jerry Falwell is an independent baptist member not affiliated with any of the wider baptist organizations? These guys speak for themselves, they have a loyal following who cheerfully support them, but the numbers of their followers is actually small compare to the 200+ million Christians in this country.

When I was a kid I used to pick up Jerry Falwell's broadcasts on a crystal set I made at home. I used to hear him praise George Wallace and Strom Thurman. He railed against school desgregation. I once heard him describe integration as "un-natural". In fact I even recorded some of his speeches. It's a pity that the reels of tape got lost with all my parent's moves. When I think about what's on them, well, they sure could come useful at times.
                            Last edited by Dr Strangelove; October 10, 2003, 23:51.
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

So he said the US deserved 9-11 and called for nuclear terrorism against the State Department. Isn't Gitmo supposed to be for guys like that?
                              "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

Working...
                              X