Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Darwin Award Nominations Still Open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think any idiot knows; don't fvck with nature...

Well, maybe not this idiot.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

don't **** with nature?

what kind of human are you?
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Guns are banned where liquor is served and National Parks.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Even in self-defence?

I'd never go to a national park with dangerous animals in such a case.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
            I think any idiot knows; don't fvck with nature.
            We **** with nature all the time. Ever go swimming in the ocean? Ever go hicking in a national or state forest?

He was not killed approaching a bear. He and his girlfrind were attacked in their tent. This is the rarist kind of event, but it's the most fatal.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
              I'd never go to a national park with dangerous animals in such a case.
              But you'd live in Isreal?
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Yeah, and the difference between poking animals.. first of all, if you poke animals, you can usually beat up this animal anyway. But against bear, you poke it, you're likely to fail. It's not impossible, there are many cases a year around the world that people got into trouble but managed to escape after some wrestling. But it's too strong, even the babies..... You guys know, if dog nibbles you, it pinches a little at the most, but if bear nibbles you, it's good buy arm and leg. And when the dog gets out of order and starts acting out of its place, you can always submit it, if it's fighting or just looking to its eyes. You're not afraid of a dog so much, and it knows it's punishing time, so it won't even challenge you.

But bears.. they know you're the *****, and they see you are scared in your eyes, so they go further acting out of their places.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

che, oh yeah they were attacked.. damn. I guess all my advices of not poking this fellows were not relevant .
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
                    But you'd live in Isreal?
                    Yes.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Hey, I'm getting some ideas here.. how can I benefit from this (yes how weird is that?).

I should start desiging equipment against attacks like these. I don't know, maybe there is high pitch voices you can't hear (like dogs) that makes the bears ears hurt and bleed, or things like that. That is if you don't have a gun or don't want to shoot them. Some kind of.... I don't know, maybe I'll get back to this.
                      In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                        But bears.. they know you're the *****,
                        This is not always the case. If you run across a bear, and its not a moma with her cubs, you can usually bluff them. Stand up on your tip toes and raise your arms over your head as far as you can. This makes the bear think you're much bigger than you really are. Then growl or yell or make a load noise. Most bears will back away. Air horns are also useful, since the really loud noise can scare them.

If a bear does attack, your best chance of survival is to play dead, since most of the time, the bear is trying to remove a threat. If the bear's out to eat you (very rare), you're dead anyway, since they can run faster than you, swim faster, and climb trees faster.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          Treadwell is the type person for which the term "jackass" was coined.
                          Agreed. It is amazing how stupid some people are. Why do so many people from the city not understand the difference between a wild animal and a pet?
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            Me, I'd never go wandering around in bear country without a gun. I just don't want to be eaten.
                            You don't need a gun if there are only black bears around. Those guys are small and often run away as soon as you see them. It's the brown bears you have to look out for they're the top preditor where they live and they've been known to stalk people who stray into their territory.

Around brown/grizzly bear country a large caliber rifle would be a wise percaution.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

che, true.. I didn't know about that raising arms thing though.
                              It's funny, when I was a kid, I thought I wouldn't be playing dead but climb a tree instead fast. Then I saw some documentary about wild life and bears, they are so quick and then can climb like spiderman, it's amazing considering their weight and all that.
                              In da butt.

Comment

. If the bear's out to eat you (very rare), you're dead anyway, since they can run faster than you, swim faster, and climb trees faster.

Think again.
                                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X