No announcement yet.

Does anyone run Seti@home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are working on the Southern Sky Project, pulling dats from radio arrays in Australia. It sould be online now but I can't find any info on the main site. They were working on implementing a new client as well using BOINC to allow multiple projects to work from that new client in a queue format.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
      This program was supposed to end earlier this year, though I suspect that just means collection of data through Arecibo (sp?) and not the processing of said data. I figure that I can get to the #7 position before next year, and maybe close in on Kent and Straybow early next spring. Catching up to Wittlich may prove impossible if the program ends the distribution of new workunits.
      Well, even though the funding is scheduled to run out sometime next spring...nothing is eched in stone saying that it will, in fact run out....especially if someone (maybe one of us ) discovers an alien signal.

If a signal is discovered, the SETI Project will not have to worry about funding.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
        Eli, This is Slamp:

This program was supposed to end earlier this year, though I suspect that just means collection of data through Arecibo (sp?) and not the processing of said data. I figure that I can get to the #7 position before next year, and maybe close in on Kent and Straybow early next spring. Catching up to Wittlich may prove impossible if the program ends the distribution of new workunits.
        Just to clarify. This is an excerpt from the latest SETI Observer:
        For TeamSETI members: Good-bye, Arecibo!
        Early next year the SETI Institute will wrap up a project that has inspired a book and a movie, and sent scores of visitors to the world's largest telescope in Arecibo, Puerto Rico. Excited as we are by the Allen Telescope Array and the prospect of "all SETI all the time," there is something about the monumental dish in the jungle that adds an irreplaceable romantic note to the science. This spring will be our last session of Phoenix and our last trip to the big dish. We are holding a Farewell Project Phoenix Party on February 17 for our loyal TeamSETI supporters. Mark your calendars and stay tuned for more information. Read last Spring's Project Phoenix Observation Diaries.
        So even though the Arecibo site will be winding down early next year, SETI will continue on their own "SETI all the time" arrangement with the Allen Telescope Array.

So DRoseDARs, you can and most likely will, overtake me.

Comment

Working...
        X