Does anyone run Seti@home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone run Seti@home?

I've been looking for a group to join and wondered if there was an Apolyton group, or if not, is there enough interest to get one going.

There WAS an ACS group that I used to run SETI for.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No longer active?

Comment

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

That, I don't know. Seems MLeonard was the driving force.
          Run a search here?
          Not seen as an option group at SETI?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm member 69.

editted for stupidity. Reading is fundamental.

Comment

I've been slackin' for a few weeks now. I've got that climate prediction model thingy running and I didn't want them both competing for CPU time. My #9 position is secure for the time being...
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Apolyton SETI Team
                I'm currently camped out in 5th place (David Troy Binns)..of course, I'm waiting for Rasbelin to come screaming past me with his 6hr 58min per workunit efficiently!
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I'm joining Seti@Home and the Poly group too now. In the last months i'm using the computer mostly for internet and reading, so it's not a problem anymore.
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I believe I'm in fourth place. Nick Harley.

Comment

I thought about joining until I realised that, with it taking about 100 hours for me to complete a work unit, I was probably wasting my time.
                      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

I'm in 3rd place. It seems you almost kicked me down one step when you joined the group.
                        The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

I prefer Folding@Home, I think medical research is a far more practical thing to persue...
                          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Until we successfully contact aliens, who give us all the medical knowledge we could ever need, thereby negating any effort on Folding@Home.
                            "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                              I prefer Folding@Home, I think medical research is a far more practical thing to persue...
                              Hmmmm. Now i'm in a dilemma. Folding, or Seti?

Comment

Working...
                              X