No announcement yet.

Polish Troops Find New French Missiles in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's the big deal. it's not like weapons from france or russia or anywhere else helped iraq any. That's the real reason france and russia were against the war from the start - they didnt want the world to see how bad their weapons systems really are.

As if the world didnt already know that.

Comment

well, the french are on record as saying that the roland-3, which these missiles are, ceased production in 1993, vesayen.

how's that for bull****? i'm sure we can check those records...
      B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen

Bull****.........

Quote from that article:

"He said Polish troops were likely to have interpreted the 2003 inscription on the missiles as the year of their production. "And this could have been, for example, the date up to which they are fit to be used," he said."

Translation: France and Poland made a deal after the fact.
        You would not have destroyed that spendid smoking gun before any report was made. Why did the Poles did so?
        Statistical anomaly.
        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
          well, the french are on record as saying that the roland-3, which these missiles are, ceased production in 1993, vesayen.

how's that for bull****? i'm sure we can check those records...
          If you were the French goverment and they did sell those weapons, would you have changed the records, or made them unavailable :?

Comment

well, the problem is that those missiles were manufactured by a private company (which happnes to have the government own a large stake).

but then you have shipping, government records with patents, factory products, requisitions, and a huge paper trail... and if all of them say that the roland-3 ceased production in 1993...?

i highly doubt it's some vast french conspiracy here. hell, this is the french we're talking about, the very same people who run with terror when the germans just give them a nasty glance. are we supposed to believe that they're diabolically clever as well?
            B♭3

Comment

i mean, i realize that as good americans, we all have to hate france now and engage only in freedom kisses and eat freedom fries, but please.

thinking that it's some vast french government conspiracy to sell arms to iraq so they can either shoot down american planes or bury them underground, and then buy poland's silence and then hide all the evidence that these missiles did not, indeed, cease production in 1993 but rather than france reopened the production line in 2003 just so they could sell iraq 4 brand-new missiles...

ever heard of occam's razor? i think it could be applied here.
              B♭3

Comment

I don't think the French Gov. gave them the weapons, but I think this could be an eye opener to France at the severity to which terrorism has invested our world.

France is suppose to monitor their exports of weapons a little better than this, and to not know of these weapons (whether they were there before '93 or not) really says something about how blind we all really are... especially the weapons inspectors.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                  thinking that it's some vast french government conspiracy to sell arms to iraq so they can either shoot down american planes or bury them underground, and then buy poland's silence and then hide all the evidence that these missiles did not, indeed, cease production in 1993 but rather than france reopened the production line in 2003 just so they could sell iraq 4 brand-new missiles...
                  Hey! Great idea, I hadn't thought about a vast French Conspiracy. Frenchies thinking..... who'd a come up with that one?

I'll bet them Democrats are behind it..............

Comment

Ask old British sailors about the performance of French missiles. The Argentinian pilots sunk or damaged plenty of ships whith their Exocets in the Falkland war didn't they? Inflicted more casualties in men and material for the Brits than any of the Argentinian ground troops if I recall right.
                    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

*yawn* wake me when they find weapons of mass destruction.

on second thought, don't. I don't want to sleep forever.

Comment

the weapons inspectors were looking for womds, not missiles that cannot be used for that purpose.
                        B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                          France is suppose to monitor their exports of weapons a little better than this, and to not know of these weapons (whether they were there before '93 or not) really says something about how blind we all really are... especially the weapons inspectors.
                          Oh don't be so stupid. France has never denied that it sold weapons to Iraq, so did we, so did the US. These particular missiles were never something that Iraq was supposed to have destroyed. The Roland 3 is an old missile, they even closed the factory when they stopped making it. What it comes down to is you can't condem France for doing the exact same thing that members of the current US government did.

Newly released documents show that U.S. officials, including Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, played a leading role in building up Iraq's military in the 1980s when Iraq was using chemical weapons, a newspaper reports.
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

And when it comes to monitoring sales, the US DoD has also something to learn it seems:

Blah

Comment

Well, clearly we need to get this all out of the hands of the Pentagon.

What we need, of course, is a Colonial Department.

I'm sure our French "friends" can help us out with setting one up. They have alot of experience at that.
                              I'd rather have a German division in front of me than a French division behind me.--Patton

Comment

Working...
                              X