• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're losing it, Ben Kenobi.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I guess I kind of knew what Jesus would do but.. I'm not like him so..

It's only telling a small lie when you fill out a form.. when you have two options yes and no you just say no when the truth is yes. Is that really even cheating?
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Ben is a religious guru, and since Pekka asked WWJD, then he gave an accurate response...
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Just tell us what you're doing so that we can give you a real answer.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
            Ben is a religious guru, and since Pekka asked WWJD, then he gave an accurate response...
            Ah, I get it. 'What would jesus do?' Didn't know what that meant.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

OK OK OK OK then. And I've being thinking about this here like a year ago, so this might be boring to some people . But this bugs me often and I need the time comes when I have to take the chance and go for it. Most of you know that I want to immigrate, right? Or at least move for a longer period of time. But I might have some difficulties getting visas and stuff like that, because if I tell the truth, I got caught smoking the pot when I was 16. Or was I 17? Anyway, I got punished for it, paid 100 bucks or something like that. But it doesn't look very good, because they ask you if you have been punished, right? ANd I have there this little drug thing. I didn't get criminal record for it and I don't have one, but it shows somewhere, and I'd be lying if I say 'no I don't have any previous punishments'. Because I HAVE! Now, I have changed a lot from those times, and I'm not the punk I used to be. If I was, I'd beat myself everyday until I wasn't. So I learned my lesson the hard way.

Now, this thing? I'm 99% sure I'll get turned down, and when I get turned down because of this, I'll never get another shot because they have marked me forever after that in possible immigration etc. Or even simple visas.

Time is getting closer, when I might get a chance to transfer to Uni in the states, but for that I need a visa too. I have to work my butt off to get in the program, and I'd really hate it if they would just say 'you don't get a visa, hippie!', and that would be kind of.. shame.

The bad thing is, my mom lives in the states as well, and if I lie or be honest anyway, and I might get barred from the states forever, and that would suck, since I couldn't visit my mom and all that (I like to visit at least once a year). So there are consequences that are more than just not being able to live there.

I don't know how they check every visa applicant, but now since with all the terrorism etc.. man I just don't know. But that's my dream and that's what I want. I'm just afraid that honesty will bring failure. It's pretty tough after that to apply again .

Ok that's pretty much about it.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

What is the exact wording of the question?
                Monkey!!!

Comment

They aren't asking you if you got caught, they're asking you if you have a record. If you don't, there's nothing to worry about.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I think they ask if I've been punished.. I'm pretty sure of that? They have those in the green things you fill even if you're going on vacation.
                    I saw the forms and I'm pretty sure of this.
                    In da butt.

Comment

I think it means convicted, which is different than being punished. Convicted means you have a criminal record.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Yes, but what they're really asking is if you have a record. This is a beurocracy you're dealing with, they couldn't care less what the truth is.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Well I had to pay fines.. I went to court though it took a short time. I guess that means convicted? But I don't have a criminal record, but I'm sure there are police records of it anyway. I'm very nervous about this, because.. well you get the picture.
                          In da butt.

Comment

If there's space for extra comments you can also explain that you where 16 and experimenting... yaddah yaddah.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I'm sure there is, but uh.. then it goes to someone else who considers these things, and they are very strict and you know.. I'm fvcked.
                              In da butt.

Comment

You can always come to Canada instead.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X