No announcement yet.

Apolyton Knife Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It depends on where I am, and whether I'd consider it more of a problem to get caught with it or without it.

When I used to work in LA and had to go to jobsites at odd hours, I used to carry both a semiauto pistol and a knife or two all the time.

Given that I have two kids to help support and bring up, being a cowboy is very low on my priority list, but if I have to work late at my office, or go someplace funky, I usually have some form of "negotiating tool" just in case.

And like I said, we won't talk in specific about the Frequent Flyer, but there's a reason it has that name.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
      BTW, I've always wanted a kukri, but never got around to buying one. Sweet knife.
      When I was in Kosovo many of the soldiers used to trade things to get a Gurka Kukri. I trade to trade a Gerber multi-tool pocket knife for one but I found that a million US soldier were there before me and the Gurkas already had all the multi-tools they could use.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'd cut all your azzes in two with my fists of fury
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
          BTW, I've always wanted a kukri, but never got around to buying one. Sweet knife.
          I had one of mediocre quality. I like the design, but I like the looks of the Ang Khola better.

My favorite knife these days is a Western stainless steel boot knife. It's about 6" long, double edged dagger. I've carried that one quite a bit, including one very hairy situation where four guys tried to break into my apartment. It's nice and strong, and the grips while smooth fit my hand so well that I'm very confident in my grip. I also have a Buck special from way back, a few bayonettes, a German army knife (Bundeswehr with the plastic grip), and a German made infantry sword from the turn of the century.

As for the judo vs sword classes, I'd go with judo as it is more likely to be useful, and will improve your athletic ability in a host of other applications. Of course if you think that you won't have another opportunity to take the sword classes and are set on doing that...
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Nah, I was already leaning towards judo. Kendo's cool, but judo is certainly more useful, as you said.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I've got a cheap, rusty Machete that's kept in a paper bag and only used when I need to hack myself through the Jungle.
              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Kendo is better. Who wants to spend their time groping sweaty guys all day?
                Last edited by DaShi; October 3, 2003, 02:37.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Starchild
                  red_jon
                  Boris Gudanov
                  Mr Fun
                  Asher
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Comment

Kendo is better. Who wants to spend their time groping sweaty guys all day?

At least they're wearing a gi. Far better than the wrestling singlets I had to endure in high school.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I dont need knives...
                          I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

I have a cheese knife!
                            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                            "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

I have a spoon.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I'll have very serious nervous breakdown if someones going to give Monks the obvious responce....
                                Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Working...
                                X