No announcement yet.

Ahnold praises Adolf Hitler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure, there are some partisans who want to sue every time they lose in the ballot box but they've already blown the best part of their legal load with the 9th circuit. That means they'll having nothing else to do then try to make false claims about such and such minority group being disinfranchised.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

this whole circus might actually be funny if the legitimacy of California's government weren't in jeopardy...
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Those people who want to launch a recall the instant they lose at the ballot box really tick me off.
        "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

Originally posted by uh Clem
          Those people who want to launch a recall the instant they lose at the ballot box really tick me off.
          I agree... the whole recall thing started just 6 months after the most recent election. This is just a power grab by repugs... it has nothing to do with California or the problems that plague that state.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
            I agree... the whole recall thing started just 6 months after the most recent election. This is just a power grab by repugs... it has nothing to do with California or the problems that plague that state.
            Sava, regardless of whether it is an attempted power grab or not, it cannot succeed without the approval of the people. This is no coup.

Speaking of coups, and this is off off topic, I saw a brief report on the new book about LBJ being behind the Kennedy assassination. One of those interviewed was a forensic doctor who said, in effect, that the "single-bullet" theory was a crock. He said that the evidence put forward in the book raised strong questions on whether the assassination was really a coup, and called for a fresh investigation.
            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned

Sava, regardless of whether it is an attempted power grab or not, it cannot succeed without the approval of the people. This is no coup.
              Who said coup? This isn't a coup, its an abuse of the law. The Repugs lost the election for governor... didn't like the results... it's obvious they are trying to gerrymander and grab power wherever they can nationally. I'm sure this was probably a brain-child of Karl Rove and Pete Wilson. They looked at the entire nation and scoured California's law to find a dusty, old, little known clause allowing for a recall. Based upon low voter turnout in a previous election, they were able to get the small percentage of signatures needed for a recall. Only around a million people wanted this recall. So don't give me this "approval of the people" BS. Now that it's become a circus, people are involved and it has become a popular topic. If the recall succeeds, the number of signatures needed for another recall are even less than the 600k needed to push the original one through. It's a stupid law, and will probably get changed if the Repugs succeed in their power grab.

Again, top Republican leadership doesn't respect the legitimacy of our current policitical system. So the radical right is trying to hijack our government and destroy it, piece by piece. Florida 2000, now California and Texas 2003... I only hope that people pay enough attention to thwart these attempts.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava, I really enjoy it when the pot calls the kettle black.

Remember, it was GORE who tried to reverse the election results in Florida by recount and lawsuit.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  I mean that's why the Italians keep Berlisconi around isn't it?
                  No, it's because apparently the majority of us likes getting ****ed in the ass by the government

Comment

But on Friday, the Times reported Butler -- having checked through a second transcript of the interview -- had found different wording.

"I admire him for being such a good public speaker and for his way of getting to the people and so on. But I didn't admire him for what he did with it," the quote read, according to Butler.

Peter Davis, who conducted the interviews for the documentary, told the newspaper that "the excerpt had been taken out of context ... and that Mr. Schwarzenegger had gone on to say that he had changed his views on Hitler as he grew up in Austria."

ABC taking it out of context, changing the wording? Why in the world would they do that? It would be patently unfair.

But, isn't that the purpose?

Comment

Hitler was a pretty cool guy. I don't understand why he gets a bad rap. Anyone who praises him automatically is as bad as satan.

Comment

This isn't a coup, its an abuse of the law.

So in Savaland, using the law is an abuse of the law. Ah .

scoured California's law to find a dusty, old, little known clause

Is this why there has been a recall attempt for just about every governor elected in California since the passage of the law (none ever got this far, of course)?
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                          I also don't think Maria Shriver would marry a nazi-lover.
                          Isn't she some sort of Kennedy relation? Could be a throwback to old Joe.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Laz beats me to the punch yet again...
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

anyone ever wonder how small Arnold Swarcheneggers nuts are?

with all those steroids, there had to be some serious shrinkage.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                                anyone ever wonder how small Arnold Swarcheneggers nuts are?

with all those steroids, there had to be some serious shrinkage.
                                There really was no need to put that thought in my head. Really.
                                "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Working...
                                X