Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southerners are so weird. hehe
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I use soda as the generic, but I always ask what brands they have before ordering in a restaurant.
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

no bannana option = illegitimate poll
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

"uh.. I don't understand the question" is the banana option.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

That does not count.

Didn't you ever read the Bannana Bible?
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's a regional thing. Growing up in the Northeast, I called it "soda", as did everyone I knew. One summer I was travelling across the country, stopped into a Utah drugstore and ordered an orange soda. What I got was an ice cream soda with Orange Sherbet ice cream! That was when I first learned that there were different ways of referring to the fizzy drink.
              "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

"soft drink"
                Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

"soda pop"
                  That's what I've always called it.
                  American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                  I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                  Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                  XGalaga.

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                    I use soda as the generic, but I always ask what brands they have before ordering in a restaurant.
                    ummm....texans aren't really southerners we're texans
                    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

"What I got was an ice cream soda with Orange Sherbet ice cream!"

That sounds delicious...
                      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                      Drake Tungsten
                      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                      Albert Speer

Comment

Coke... but soda is the 2nd choice.

Pop is just right out.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Didn't we just have this thread?

This one should be closed.
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

it's coke, as in "hi, would you like a coke? what kind?"

soft drink or soda will do in a pinch.

pop will not. pop is a sound, your dad, or a mail protocol. not something you drink.

and if you call it pop, you're just wrong.
                            B♭3

Comment

Soda. Bunnygrrl makes fun of me when I say it though. As a MidWesterner, I should say pop, like she does, but I'm trying to be "cool."
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

soda
                                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                                X